Japan: Three destroyers under the window

Writes blogger ralphmirebs

Will be 49 photos with text, please do not break the collection, accomplish your goal when I finish

Every August, for three years in a row I come to Yokosku at the naval celebration, organized by the Maritime Self-Defense Forces of Japan. The holiday can see and visit the various ships, trying on a form available from the ground equipment, air defense systems, engineering equipment, or simply eat yaki-soba, takoyaki, etc. Japanese food is being prepared in the traditional celebrations. Normally, the program because there were a well-riding on warships in the bay and missile launches, but because of the earthquake, this part of the program was canceled. This time I caught visited four vessels in this material the story of the first three.

The Japanese made simple - three ships moored to one another. People climb on board first, examine the nose and moving walkways for the next ship, visiting his nose and on the third. Then, on the third ship going to the stern, and other mostochkam return to the first ship through the second. The three ships were standing next destroyers DD-107 "Ikazuchi», ASE-6102 "Asuka" and DD-129 "Yamayuki." Here's how they look from the side and from above.

Rises to "Ikazuchi." Seventh destroyer project "Muras" was adopted March 14, 2001 as a multipurpose destroyer. Displacement of 4550 tons, length 151 meters. CHETRA gas turbines with a total capacity of 60 thousand horsepower can accelerate it to 30 knots. The crew of 170 people. Armament presented (to be listed only the photos that are available) the bow 76 mm rapid-gun. Interesting tower housing it - I tapped and the material is said not as metal as well as plastic.

Anti-tank guided missiles vertical launch ASROC

20-millimeter automatic systems melee "Phalanx". About them I detail two years ago, when I visited the Japanese helicopter carrier "Hugo".

Anti-ship missiles SSM-1B «Harpoon." Below launch tubes visible gas reflectors. (last two photos from Yamayuki)

The structure of the 324-mm torpedo tubes HOS-301. If you read the label, it can be understood that the pressure is thrown torpedo comes to 11.5 megapascals. (note that TA is solyanka ftografii with few ships)

So as the ship bears the SH-60K helicopter is located in the hangar.

The most secret part of the ship - a place to store mops! Even wrote "Do not enter." Mops traditional Japanese - with bamboo handles.

And another tricky antenka.

Go to the Asuka. "Asuka" is a destroyer of intelligence, equipped with radar and sonar. The rest of the main feature - a displacement of 4250 tons, length 151 meters. Engine combined gas turbine plant with a total capacity of 43,000 horsepower, maximum speed of 27 knots, the crew of 70 people. From weapons only vertical launch anti-ship missiles.

These are the red pipes have been on all the ships. What is it?

Feed Asuka

The third ship is a Destroyer DD-129 "Yamayuki» & gt ;, eighth class ship "Hatsuyuki." Displacement of 3050 tons, length 130 meters, the propulsion system combining - two Trubina economic progress and two full travel together giving 54240 horsepower and speeds of up to 30 knots. The crew of 150 people. Arming partially arms repeats "Ikazuchi," but other than that added eight launchers for anti-aircraft missiles "Sea Sparrow»

And eight launchers for anti-missile ASROC.

yuyuyu

Glazing cuttings, top and bottom. Pay attention to the system of washing of glasses.

The hangar can be placed helicopter SH-60J

So, Crossing Europe, I walked three ships. The engine, cockpit and cabin were not allowed so that the inspection was purely superficial.

ALL!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting