Centenarian marathoner

One of the world's oldest marathon 100-year-old Fauja Singh shared the secrets of his longevity. He advises always think positively; do not try to change what you can not change; play sports and eat right.

In 1992, a former farmer Fauja Singh is buried in India his wife and son moved to another son in London. In one interview he said that he was amazed that his British peers lead a sedentary lifestyle, eating fatty and blamed his malaise of age.

4 photos via newsru.co.il

In order to maintain a good shape Fauja Singh began running. He did not think about participation in competitions, until he met with coach Harmanderom Singh. Under his leadership, he prepared for the London Marathon of 2000. Faudzhu was then 89 years old. In the next ten years, he set several world, European and British records.

"If someone tells me that I should stop running, I just ignore this advice, as talking, usually much younger than me," - he says.

In an interview with the Daily Mail newspaper, he said that trying to avoid unhealthy foods. As it uses the seasoning mixture of ginger and curry, and during the day a great amount of tea drinks.

The Hindu also believes that the secret of longevity is a positive attitude towards life. To feel happy, he said, need to engage in charity, to monitor the health and avoid stress.

"If there is something you can not change, why worry about it? Appreciate what you have, and keep away from bad people, "- he advises.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting