Tank Museum in Latvia

There have been many posts on the tank threads, however, I will build another.
Post dedicated to visit the private museum of the tank that is located in Latvia, near the glorious and beautiful city of Daugavpils, in the town called the Svente.
Looking ahead, I will say that all the equipment in perfect condition (restored almost like a plant) and on the move, not weapons "strelyatelnom" state, because that's the law.

Will be 33 photos.

Photo 2

The first exhibit - the IS-2.
This tank was raised from the swamp near the city Tukums, where in 1944 in Courland cauldron crushed foe. The weight of this machine is 42 tons, 122 mm gun. It was created as an adequate response to the Tigers.

Photo 3

That's the way to get out of his swamp. I can boast that I have seen the picture in person.

Photo 4

Here is the EC-2 inside.

Photo 5

Photo 6

Next exhibit - tank IS-3. It looks elegant. It was created at the end of the Second World War, to war and did not have time. Running, gun - like the IS-2.

Photo 7

Photo 8

T-34/85. Recognized as the best tank of the Second World War.

Photo 9

This car also has been raised out of the swamp with the IS-2. That's how she looked when she got out of the swamp. It should be noted that the peat bog, allowing the technique well preserved. This tank on the 3rd day after the lift start, and this fact was marked by the central TV Latvia.

Photo 10

Self-propelled SU-100 tank destroyer. Built on the basis of the T-34.

Photo 11.

ISU-152 "Deerslayer". Built on the basis of the JS-2. 152 mm caliber cannon looks impressive. Hypericum nicknamed for that beat the entire German zoo.

Photo 12

Photo 13

That's how St. John's wort appears inside. I must say that this howitzer shells at ML-20 weighed about 50 kg. So Charges had to work hard.

Photo 14

Photo 15

Photo 16

Very interesting exhibit - German self-propelled guns - assault gun StuG III on the basis of the German T-3. Used in conjunction with the infantry, assault guns ensure rapid destruction of bunkers, pillboxes, bunkers, anti-tank guns and other objects

Photo 17

Photo 18

The gun StuG III caliber 75 mm

Photo 19

View from inside. In the frame of the gun and the suspension elements suspension - torsion.

Photo 20

Chassis StuG III

Photo 21

Photo 22

Medium armored vehicle Wehrmacht SdKfz 251.

Photo 23

Photo 24

That's how it looks from the inside. I must say that the controls are not very comfortable.

Photo 25

Chassis armored vehicle. The characteristic arrangement of rollers staggered.

Photo 26

Soviet 57-mm anti-tank gun ZIS-2.

Photo 27

Photo 28

Legendary "sorokopyatki"

Photo 29

Foto30

Willys MB - the American army jeep. Bundled in the USSR on lend-lease.

Photo 31

Willis and relatives - GAZ-67

Photo 32

Photo 33

All.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting