World War II. Footprints

It happened a long time ago. At some wonderful day in my head I slammed the idea, saying a good idea to go to the very real excavations.

I was left with not a lot of pictures, pieces of 7-8 (tell when all lay), and 2 small videos. But I, as a man was struck by what he saw inexperienced and want to share their discoveries.

In general, I wanted to dig and, without delay, I called an old friend, which is the case, the excavation that is, engaged in my entire adult life, asking - and if he wants to take his next adventure of two tourists. Friend readily responded, I rushed to collect little things, looking forward to sitting in a sandy career with a brush, fanning are any ancient shards. But I was waiting for a very big surprise ... We have gathered bright and early in the morning and somewhere at 8 am were driving in the car, heading in the Latvian city of Saldus. ... And then, skipping unnecessary details - we are on the spot.
A small farm for Saldus. Wild impassable forest. The furnace of earth, sometimes clay, sometimes simply because of dirty slush. We ostanoilis next to the lonely farm, on the edge of a potato field. In general, the place does not look like it was my imaginary picture of the excavation. I think the war and looked around as well. In 41 there have been very bad for the Russian fights. Many Russian children were killed there, and remained in this land is not buried in a human ... The last time a team of my friend dug up the remains of the machine-gun and gunner. We found the icon "Excellent gunner", with a serial number, by which later determined the identity of the deceased archive. This time the findings were different. We found a huge crater aviation bombs. In the middle of the detector howled all together took up shovels and after half an hour of digging standing knee-deep in the water - the light of day there was this:

Machine-gun tape, flares, hand grenades - "beater", some huge dud, the bulb of the army mask. The rest I do not know the name.

That's bigger:

Posted in [mergetime] 1317244015 [/ mergetime]
I'm sure this is not ozhidala.Vse that stuff lying almost at the surface. The whole forest thrown rusty mortar tails. Some places are loose bullets from a machine gun and some smaller caliber. There are both Russian and German ammunition. For example, a machine-gun tape and flares on the photo-German production. And I think that it is necessary to find one bullet forest floor break. I never thought that this left MUCH.
In fact, that some of this might well recoil, despite the long-term storage, and ended half a century of lying in the ground. But it is terrible for some reason was not. Is that a little bit.

But this shotgun - it - shortened rifle with a bayonet. Also in the same pit dug. Values, he is not, because strongly rusty.

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting