1 Start of traveling.

2 Road

3 There was a rain. Track.

4 Again trail

5 Seasonal rain makes it impossible to walk and even ride

6 do not know how to take back

7 Why would someone in Africa sand?

8 White Nile

9 Even the White Nile. A shore crocodiles.

10 And the house ... banana growing

11 And a banana blossoms

Misty Dawn on the Nile

13 Water travel

14 Nil Nil Nil and again in the morning

15 Beach in the fog

16 Good fishing

17 Good fishing. Nile Perch. almost 70 kg

18 Ozertso near the Nile. Water lilies. There you can swim.

19 Kitogolov. The killer crocodile. Height meter wingspan and a half by two meters.

20 Evening on the Nile

With 21 mind which reduce sunsets

22 And the sky is reflected in water

23 And this is a monster, a young monitor lizard. Nykat in the sewers. We had a jet of water to evict it from there. He hissed and was unhappy.

- Kavadzho! Kavadzho!
I'm smiling, looking at the black kids standing by the road and shout me a new word for me.
 - Kavadzho - a "people without the skin", the local term of abuse for whites.
Acne starts to explain, a little condescending smile. He always smiles when he tells me about the African chips.
 - Yes, that's not entirely true.
A voice with a slight Arabic accent. It is, Ahmet, he northerner, so sitting with him guard looks at him with open hostility. Ahmet good guy, yesterday we talked with mutual pleasure a couple of hours on various topics. That is to say, made a check each other. We work together, so should immediately identify who is who.
 - Kavadzho - a warped name of the Arab teacher, highly respected man. He was an albino, so black and his nickname. Then it became a dirty word.
"Kavadzho" - I sort out the word in the language. Ka-Ba-jo. The last syllable is pronounced with characteristic softness. In Russian, this is no sound. Speaking of his purely in Russian the word crumble and cut language. Wincing ... Outside fly jungle locations across villages splosch of small round earthen houses. Again kids again shouting, rejoicing the same word. And for some reason I recall Ibn Sina. He, too, was "kavadzho."
Many times I would hear this word, every day many times. And every time will still smile ... because I am proud and happy to be "kavadzho»
Yesterday I went to a restaurant to eat. Normal is. Da Vinci called (google earth there are pictures). And we sat and talked Vanka
Here we sit in the middle of Africa, look at Neil, drink gin. A local band plays some kind of national song. Well who seems to say - exotic in full. And we have no such feeling. There is a feeling of commonness. Africa Well, well, the python creeps, well settled in the container cobra
and I realize that looks like a show-off, but there is no feeling of strangeness. get used to it quickly and permanently, or do not get used at all. Because Africa is a disease - a disease of chronic and acute.
It takes not everyone, but if takes it completely. the first African air smells
I was in Ethiopia when we were out of the plane was not released. We sat down just to refuel in Addis Ababa. from the plane to see the town green. small, not high - a sense of complete frustration.
I persuaded my steward to release the ladder, that would just breathe the smell
smells are not as we ... that is something intangible ... virus "Africa" ​​... then Kapmala with its quirks and finally Sudan. Sudan smells like raw meat, a little odor prelosti - pleasant smell, then you lose it, but it is inside of you.
Every moment is sharper, no matter what you're doing. Just look at the Nile or pull out of the jeep track swearing in features. Everything is done sincerely, completely laying out, because you're here at home, and be what it really is.
And you becomes easy, that you live under house-foot lizard that must constantly watch your step, because a bunch of snakes. that rain and wind can not hide under the trees, because you can throw off a gust of wind green mamba and 7 seconds for you all will be over.
You normally perceive that black faces around that in a quarrel he can simply shoot at you, because they have no brakes and only your authority may keep him out of it, and it still needs to earn credibility
There are a lot of children in the family up to 10, but the high infant mortality rate. If the child dies before the age of 10 - by him did not even cry, and people who have 4-5 children feel inferior and seek justification for such a small number.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting