Brick 2GB

A bit of text and 7 photos.

I have found at the old USB flash drive to some Chinese firms. She looked awful: fray on the plastic housing with metal inserts, red light is not the topic and so on. Well, flash drive and flash card. Rarely used, because it is only 2 GB of volume. On the same day I was given a piece of polymer clay. What is it - Wikipedia tells in detail, but I will say briefly. This material for modeling figures, decorations and the like which is soft in the green state and after firing becomes solid as plastic. I compared the two points: the old flash drive and a piece of polymer clay. USB flash drive - clay ... stick. Clay. I came home, read about the clay, I thought. I looked at the color: brick. What if ...

Very quickly calculate the size of the future body, following the standard for bricks proportion 6:12:25. Dimensions turned out such: 1, 5: 3: 6 cm. Equally quickly fashioned a selected layout from plasticine her sister, tried. Happened. Disassembled stick, prepared (flexed) clay ... Then, as has been said, 7 pictures and text.

01. Further - that's what. Fashioned precise parallelepiped cut plane 5 mm thinner to put the stick blindly back, formed a box back, checked the drawing. In the photo - the state of a subject after half an hour of work.

02. Dug in the table rather large nazhdachku, tried to give a brick texture. Happened. Naryl organizer in the old gel pen, pulled pasta and gently tapered drilled eight holes. By the way, the flash drive in without housing, without a body at all.

03. And this is a semi-final pictures. Condition of a subject after baking in a conventional oven, which lasted 8 minutes at 120 degrees. Plus processing sandpaper, but not final.

04. Another view.

05-07 - the final version of all sides, held crash-test (falling from two meters to the floor) and complete verification (stick successfully passed 8 minutes at 120 degrees and has been formatted).

06. fray were added after studying photos of the used and new bricks at first thought only rough texture.

07. Three hours of music, and the old terrible flash drive gained new life. I have everything, thank you for your attention.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting