How to restore Victory

Will be 25 photos. Please do not break.
Taken here

Hello. Today, I suggest you a short interview with a man who decided to restore retro car and, in my opinion, perfectly cope with this task.
Antonio, we know for a long time, 10 years: I studied together in the Nizhny Novgorod Polytechnic Institute in the Faculty of the automotive industry. Like many students, he did not work avtokonstruktorom but automotive education, it seems, it is useful.

1 is a gas-M-20 "Victory". Now it is completely like new: the turn signals are activated wipers operate radio plays. The car on the move, but warming up for a long time. They say she needs 66-octane gasoline, but in the absence of such sales in the engine works on any.

2 A couple of years ago, the car looked far not so radiantly. In ordinary garage of two pieces of metal, work began on the reconstruction of historically significant vehicles.

3 Of course, this hobby is quite common, and enthusiastic people recover not only cars, but also tanks, planes and all that lies in the soul. Where do you think all these retro mileage, Autoexotics and other gatherings.

4 Of course, in this case, the car takes more than one person.

5 Now that everything is over and the guys are experiencing a huge creative satisfaction, Anton told us some of the nuances of this interesting class.

6 - Anton, what was your role in all this?
 - I fully control the whole process of construction, parts ordered and searched every day served as a think tank. In short, how to do, where to fasten where to find "this damn" - I was engaged.

7 - Who else is involved in the project?
 - In general, there are 3 people - welder, mechanic and collector.
The work lasted for 2 years.

8 - Initially, the idea of ​​recreating a full junk classic car belonged to you? Why do you want to do this? Location knew how to do everything?
 - Initially, the idea was to our father. We began to choose a car that could be recovered. The choice was between the Volga GAZ 21 and win. But the 21th of the Volga can still be found on the road, and the number of companies engaged in their recovery, so the choice fell on the victory. None of our team never restored cars. All we studied and started from scratch. We got the drawings from the factory, photos on the internet, spare parts catalogs 50s and started to do things on the sly. Almost no one believed from the others, that we can finish the job.

9 - Car education helped?
 - And how, without this it was impossible to do at all.

10 - How old are you looking for the body and how to buy them back?
 - Then each has its own story. For example, the machine, which we rebuilt, stood in a garage 20 years after the death of her owner. We bought it for ridiculous 40 thousand (if not yet started recycling program of old cars, which we probably saved the victory). Next on the announcement, we bought another 2 Victory, one was dismantled and most of the thrown, and the other is now in the form of a body after sandblasting, you saw it in the garage on the lift. (see. photo at the beginning of the article)

11 - How do you take the missing parts?
 - There are all individually. They searched through advertisements in the garage. The panel of devices ordered in Ukraine, gum - in Moscow and St. Petersburg, Nizhny Chrome did, some parts of the region.

12 - You have none who did not show that car? No where did not carry on retrotusovki?
 - We've done a week ago. No one showed, will not carry. To participate in retro run, and a pair of Autoexotics shares.

13 - What was your biggest challenge in this project?
 - Probably the biggest challenge we have now - to restore the documents and register. Because of technical difficulties - the body was unbalanced due to the nature of production at the time. I had to do almost surgical operation of cutting the rear wing and the amplifier be welded.

14 - Complicated was the tires. On I77 win puts tires, which could be in several versions, including the south (on our front wheels I77 conventional and rear I7 south with another tread pattern side). Tyres can now be found somewhere in the 3-4 thousand apiece!
More details are difficult to find - it's "bird" on the hood and trunk hinges, they were made of silumin, and after all this time just broke like matchsticks.

15 - The color is selected for a long time? )
 - No, I came up with the color before the draft, I knew how it should happen. Long had to pick up the paint. I stayed with the pick about 2 hours to choose a decent combination of colors.

16 - A salon where? It is unlikely that he remained at the source code. In my opinion it is perfectly stitched.
 - He made a completely original, although almost all the victories that restored the other people are inauthentic or leather interior. We are all in the original, even a fabric pattern is exactly the same as that of the original Victory. Fabric ordered in St. Petersburg! All new plastic. Headlining also ordered 2 times in St. Petersburg, but it was unsuitable in size, had doshivat and modify it manually. But the most difficult thing in the cabin - a decorative painting window frames with wood. They were produced by the original technology using a roller and the matrix, and then fine-tuned manually. Figure coated fine brush.

17 - you are some kind of commercial benefit from the plan to get this? Or advertising.
 - Of course. The project is purely commercial.

18 - So, now you want to sell a car?
 - I think so, six months later. But Russia does not sell intresno, there are plans to sell in Europe or the United Arab Emirates.

19 - Do not feel sorry for?
 - Very sorry. Still, so much energy is spent on the child. But we are starting the second victory, so time will not be sorry.

20 - After each successful project has the ambition to do something else on a new level. This is just the second win?
 - Yes, already overdue already 2 project. Another Gobedu in the original (older but the other bars) and the victory in style Rat Rod.

21 - Uspaha you.
 - Ugums.

22 We wanted to go to this victory for the territory of the garages, take pictures on the way. But it turned out that the car is not suitable for dvideniya on snow (maybe because of the southern rear tires). We rearranged it difficult even on this site - so it skidded.

23 I think the summer will shoot it on public roads. Will and documents, and weather conditions. By the way, no car side mirrors, is not necessary. How to drive it in modern conditions !? )

24 cold this car is not so easy to start and warm up: it is necessary to pull some kind of suction and manual gas. Then for a long time to warm up. Modern cars no one no longer warm - turn the key and go.

25 Private pride - radio. He catches the music out of the air and shouts through his only speaker.

Posted in [mergetime] 1329389448 [/ mergetime]
That's all I wanted to say. Renovated, Rukmi my countryman Anton. Tere photographed with native Nizhny Novgorod forum.
Sam have a GAZ-24 black, ideally with a red interior. But etoprosto yum! Above all praise.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting