Logic thinking. Subtotal

So, for today the network laid out 17 articles in the series "The logic of thinking." The cycle itself - is an attempt to build a fairly complete model of the brain. That is not easy to describe some mechanisms, but also to show how out of their interaction can be born human thinking. What has already been published - it is the foundation of the stated concept. It shows how neurons are implemented at the level of basic information tools. This foundation in a certain way all further specifies the rules of the game. It defines how the tools we have to implement more complex processes. I tried to show that, while remaining within the framework of biologically significant ideas, you can create a model that has a high computing power. As an example, it has been shown to map between the crust and the capabilities of relational algebra.

It should be understood that the described neural model - is only the beginning of the story. You can draw an analogy with the hardware and software of computers filling. Although the hardware is fundamentally important, but the most important external manifestations - is a consequence of the work program.

Natural selection has created, dare I say it, brilliant mechanisms of information processing. Faced with the same information problems as the brain, people have come up with a lot of very interesting concepts and algorithms. But something elusive constantly interferes and allows you to create strong artificial intelligence. In continuation of this series, I will try to "catch this elusive" and describe a new approach to information processing. Approach, on the one hand, ideologically different from traditional computing, and, on the other hand, surprisingly well explaining what we know about human thinking.

Continuation of the series, I plan to start approximately one month. Most of the material has already been written, but requires editing, preparation of illustrations and if we have time with the team, the programming examples. They say: if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Most likely month period too optimistic, but we will try.

Thank you to all those who supported the article "plus". I understand that ordinary readers Habra hard to find the time and energy to consistently read all the articles. Especially that outlines the concept does not have the status of a recognized theory in the scientific world, which means that time is spent entirely at your own risk.

Video showing the propagation of wave patterns, viewed by about a thousand people. This means that perhaps a few hundred actually track all published material. If you are among them and want to participate in our project, I have to сайте there is a tentative list of topics for possible cooperation.

At present, if we do not take themselves studies, there are several most important trends:
  • The wave model, made in the Visual Basic .NET rested in performance. Work bark very well parallelized, but the transfer to parallel computing want to make sure that it was convenient for those who want to experiment with the model.
  • The wave model is not obvious, especially in terms of the look of engrams. Need animated videos can illustrate each of the processes.
  • We need a translation into English. The text prepared by the translation is in the gdocs. Open to all who have the opportunity to transfer part or made to verify.
  • Very interesting contacts with projects that study and modeling of the brain. Who is the main direction of the simulation - this is the most accurate reproduction of the physical processes in neural networks of the brain in the hope that it will lead to an understanding of his work. It seems to me that the proposed wave model can greatly help in such projects. Most of these studies English language. Hence the need for translation (see above) and those who are able to explain the basic ideas as to arouse interest in our project work. « The logic of thinking ».

And finally, if you read the article published by the cycle, unsubscribe, please, in the comments about his impression, it will help others decide whether or not to read the material. Please indicate at the same time their education and (or) line of work.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/217205/

Tags

See also

New and interesting