Mickey Rourke sheltered homeless Romanian dog

Actor Mickey Rourke is well-known for his love of animals, especially dogs. In 2009, the death of his beloved dog, a Chihuahua named Loki, in which the actor simply adored. The dog was shot with him in the movie and was even mentioned Rourke in his speech at the "Golden Globe".

Recently, the actor got himself a new dog, which picked up on the set of the thriller "Dead of Tumbstouna" in Romania. Dog size larger than Loki and his name is Foxy.

In Romania Rourke shook a huge number of abandoned dogs who are mercilessly while destroying the most brutal ways, and he decided to give a chance for a new life of at least one of the unfortunate waifs.
5 photos via goodnewsanimal

With his beloved chihuahua Loki

Mickey many times talked about his special affection for dogs. They literally saved him from suicide during the depression:

- My dogs really helped me to get out of what I was then. In an instant, I lost everything - my wife died, I stopped to take pictures, I had to pay for the debts of the house - I had nowhere to live, -rasskazyval Mickey Rourke press - And most importantly I did not trust. The only thing about me in newspapers was that "once a famous actor is now no use to anyone." One day I went out for cigarettes, and the seller said to me, you're like some guy from the TV set. I wanted to strangle. I turned away from all my friends. I got a dog. And only this saved me ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting