50 bats

Volgogradets Dmitry Krylov shelter on her balcony 50 bats.

- This man is always helping animals in distress - he said about the unique case of Galina Chulkova Doctor veterinarian. - Transactions paid in trouble does not leave. And about mice, we learned by chance, one of them brought to our clinic to treat wing. Already with Krasnoarmeysk district of Volgograd was carrying it in Krasnooktyabrsky.

Shelters turned politician Dmitry Krylov, known to most as the director of Volgograd "Eros", host of "The citizens want to know».
2 photo + video via goodnewsanimal

In February, half of Krasnoarmeysk district was littered with dead mice. For some reason, bats away from hibernation in 20 degrees of frost and snow flew into the city streets. Find shelter they could not, and hundreds froze in snowdrifts. Dmitry V. three nights collecting bats that are still showing signs of life.

- I had to warm, so cold that has refused - a coming - Dmitry V. accompanies us on a balcony. - When brought - at first I did not know what to do with them. Addressed to our officials, but on their part - indifference. In the US save more than three billion rubles for pest control because of the bats, and we accept their destruction.

- When we learned that you are settled in their wild bats is at least perplexed - I'm honestly.

- It's all superstition, ignorance, fear, imposed since childhood - Dmitry V. parries. - They're living beings in trouble. Now you know how much they benefit?

- I know that eat insects, - says the school course of zoology.

- One mouse weighs about 30 grams, and eats a day nearly twice. Just imagine winter killed nearly a thousand mice. All together one day they would have destroyed 60 kilograms of insect pests, making it easier for us humans - Dmitry Krylov read a lot of literature about bats. - I'm not used to it at once, in the early days and they did bite me, but none of the approximately thirty bites festered and did not even blush.

The new "neighbors" brought a lot of trouble Volgograd. In the afternoon mice - time to sleep, but the night - they wake up to feed. On a "fun" Dmitry V. I spent every night for five - six o'clock.

- Friends at first made fun of me: something you do not look, insomnia? - Laughs Krylov.

Feeding proved to be troublesome, in February - March of beetles that feed on red vechornytsi not find maggots had to buy in stores for fishing.

- Each mouse eats 40 - 50 pieces, - Dmitry Krylov takes maggots with tweezers and brings him to the mouse. Worm with a crunch disappears in a small jaws of prey. - And yet they are not fed - fight, you have to take one.

Every day to feed Krylov takes about 700 - 750 rubles.

- There are those who are sure to say that the huge money spent on mice, there would be children who need help - anticipate the reaction of some readers.

- And I'm helping children, why one should not interfere with the other? And who does not help the animal, he must have been lost to the community people. I never pass by a damaged dog, and hear with sorrow, when mothers tell their children something like "do not touch the cat," "away from the dog." Rather than become a part and then once again to wash their hands, they instill a dislike for animals since childhood. - Krylov bitter divorce from his hands.

Indeed, near the studio Krylov waiting another portion of petting and treats wipes a dozen cats and cats in unfinished gym sheltered a stray dog. The apartment except the four bats live chinchilla, hamster, one of four veteran and two cats, one of whom just got from the light and out.

The arms will leave soon. The truth is the first attempt to release them into the wild not successful.

- Two days ago, I opened the window so that they can freely fly, flew five, but three other people, a bigger size - flew - Dmitry V. laughing. - So while I wait patiently when they decide to go sailing.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting