Plastic Logic and flexible screens that even a bullet is not a hindrance

The display is cut, and after that he still works. Cool, right?

This Plastic Logic, the company which invested RUSNANO, you probably remember her reader Plastic Logic 100, or colloquially Churider (review). Today they showed their achievements: ultra-thin and flexible displays. The main novelty - color flexible display serial 10.7
5 photos + video via plushev

I managed to break it: out went the strip) ))

However, he was immediately repaired.

Display thick sheet of paper. With strips because created in a laboratory in Cambridge, there is no such ideal conditions, such as at a plant in Dresden, said that there will be all ok.

Here's another trick - the display, pierced by a bullet, still continues to work.

Well, all previously released advantages: the screens do not fight, and because they use electronic ink and do not use the backlight, then spend a little energy, can be seen from any angle, etc. All this is very interesting, but for me the main problem and the question - when all these miracles will reach the same to the end user. The color display is not able to show videos, so to speak of the market, in any case, a retail perspective to say it is not necessary. Additionally, manufacture, Video monitored while significantly expensive. Already mentioned Plastic Logic 100 in retail did not appear and is not likely to appear and pass some endless experiment in schools for the needs of the Ministry of Education, and whether purchased for schools - is unknown and incomprehensible. I would like to have, so to speak, to test the market to achieve.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting