What is depicted on the banknote in nominal value of 10p?

When my grandfather was smaller than me now, he began to build the Gorky hydroelectric power station (currently Nizhny Novgorod). And when it launched last hydroelectric generator, he almost knocked tridtsatnik. It was the mid-50s and from the settlement of the workers who built the station, up a city - Zavolzhe.

Nizhny Novgorod HPP I have seen many times, and every time it makes me a lot of impressions. Not surprisingly, I've always wanted to see the Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric power station, which is superior to the Nizhny Novgorod power almost 12 times. A couple of months ago, the fate of the winding photographer turned me into the edges of the Yenisei River, where the station is located.

The original post here: egor-lavrentiev.livejournal.com/2965.html#cutid1
It will be another 20 ph!

1. At the entrance immediately encounters a giant portrait of Lenin. What is the building of a century to do without it?

2.Nashi ancestors literally were able to defeat the laws of nature - in the harsh winter to block one of the largest rivers in the world and all the 126 meters altitude of technical objects the station maintain the desired temperature of the air.

3. The weight of the dam reaches 15 million tons, which is comparable with the weight of 45 skyscrapers "Empire State Building".

4. In 1972, when he's been running in the world, there were no more than ten similar facilities. In Krasnoyarsk station provides more than 50% of energy needs. In the Russian scale hydroelectric share - 2, 3%

5. The source for the replenishment of 334-kilometer Krasnoyarsk reservoir is snow Sayan mountains.

6. Around the station also grew a city of power engineering - Divnogorsk.

7. Putting the station in Krasnoyarsk Territory it began to run the production of ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, chemical and woodworking industries.

8. This is the engine room - the heart of hydroelectric power. Surprisingly, here is crystal clear and pretty quiet. However, the slight vibration felt the floor and heard a small roar. By the way, round red buildings - the top of the hydraulic units.

9. There have set the electronics, which manages the industrial monster.

10. In this device, set the parameters of the mechanisms station. To outsiders, it is better not to touch)

11. At all hydropower plants bunch of iron, which does not transmit radio waves, mobile communication can be difficult - there need the good old wired telephones.

12. It seems that before my arrival walked across the station house painter with a brush - everything shines and shines. It is not like the old Soviet production. There continues to permeate Western psychology production.

13. Works HPP as follows: the mechanical energy of the water is transferred to the 12 hydro-generators, where it is converted into electrical energy.

14. A transformer it is distributed between the blocks with a capacity of 220 and 500 kilovolts.

15. And then the power line is directed to consumers - the plant and, in fact, simple residents of the Krasnoyarsk Territory. By the mid-90th station is worn by 50%. But only in the 2000s we started the reconstruction. It will continue until 2013. Already repaired hydrogenerators 9 out of 12. After the modernization of the station will last another 20 years.

16. An interesting diorama allows to see high on the scale of HPP.

17. At the station there is a memorial complex "Glory to Labor" in the form of a truck with a raised body. The fact that the car has played a key role in the construction of hydroelectric power plants. At its peak in 1120 was attended by 842 drivers and the car - a whole battalion.

18. The water next to the station is always cold, even the hot summer the temperature does not rise above 13 degrees. Behind the dam the river for 200 km will never freeze in winter.

19. During the night takes on a special beauty HPP by backlight. Wait until dark I have not had the opportunity, so take a photo on the Internet.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting