A man with a big heart: a pensioner and dog shelter

78-year-old Viktor Bogdanovich Bitner from the district center of Pokrovskoye Dnipropetrovsk region (Ukraine) is holding its own mini-shelter for animals. Who lives there 43 dogs.

Bitner lives on the outskirts of the village in a private home. His wife left him a few years ago and now lives with his friends. The house is surrounded by slate, I heard him barking dogs. On the fence nailed piece of paper with printed text "Dogs do not throw over the fence!».
5 photos via gazeta.ua

Victor Bogdanovich open metal gates. He explains that sometimes good people throws them over the fence, but they snatch the big dog and wounded. So I had to post a message. Towards from the gates thrown two adult dogs and several puppies.

"Do not be afraid, they will not bite," - says the owner.

The yard is divided by fences into several parts. All dogs running.

"Every morning I take her old" Tavria "and food on the road, pick up downed dogs - says the man. - Where riders missing. After all, the route goes from Donetsk to Kiev. Donetsk often lihachat. Often chase even not see the road. Well, local as drunk. A few days ago saw the young from the neighboring street urchin wanted to strangle him. The animal runs, and he drove right on the roadside, just to move him. Hedgehog fled. I was driving the car, was the thought of the kill is ... What do you and the animal do? ".

Victor Bogdanovich is showing dogs.

"I started this business in 80 years - says man. - Then he worked as a projectionist. He carried to the neighboring village cinema. On the road, the car in front of me moved the dog. He cried and cried like a man. I felt so sorry for him. Picked up, he took the dog home. He had a broken pelvis. ... It hurts bandaged dog pricked analgesic and left at home. So since then, and collect the wounded dog, someone manages to attach, and the rest and live with me ».

Bitner shows on doghouse - there is a small black dog Jeanne, potter around her tiny puppies.

"In February, as the frost was, to me, three women came running from a nearby street. Asks for help - because three dogs fell into the well. Themselves whether fell, might throw - who knows ... Day sat there and cried. People could not sleep, pillows covered his ears not to hear the dogs freeze. I attached to the table top rope and lowered into the well. And I raised all three. The car his warm, brought home. Called - Jeanne, Dolly and Umka "- the man recalled.

Close to Jeanne runs red shabby old dog named Banana. He was 22 years.

The evil dog in the yard - Baby buttons and Wick. Sit in a separate hedge. Victor Bogdanovich's favorite - the dog bit. A small, blond, with dark spots. He takes her in his arms. It shows over the fence.

"Neighbours in a bag thrown. Someone put his dog in a bag, hit with a hammer on the head. A neighbor found. Well, you know what I'm here for the dogs. Therefore he brought me. We hematoma Droplet cured. She is with me in the house for three months lived as a housecat. Well, even Raja can bite, but he closed the barn. Come on, show '- opens the barn door Bitner.

Rags sitting completely naked dog - it does not have fur. Little black hair left around the jaw and legs.

"From of old age and illness, all wool fell. I smear it with ointments, but still does not work ", - says Bitner.

The barn on the shelf shows own coffin.

"In the late 80s he became ill with lung cancer. But cured - laughing man. - I do not bother to anybody, he made himself a coffin. They say that it is impossible to keep the coffin at home, I have it for more than 20 years worth. And nothing. I have no children. My wife is gone. There are relatives, but distant. I ordered another advance monument paid. I'm afraid someone burdened. A nephew said that no commemoration, I die, did not suit me ».

Bitner invited into the house. In the hallway on the table are 10 loaves of bread - is tomorrow dogs. So much bread Viktor Bogdanovich buys daily. Take on the local collective farm bakery at 3 hryvnia, the market for bread costs 5 hryvnia.

"Only on the bread for the dogs goes to 900 hryvnia per month - a man counts. - Even where a 700 hryvnia spend on the bone, skin, lungs - waste. In summer buy cereals. Beru barley and maize. Dogs on the bones cook soups with cereals and bread roof. So live ».

Bread he spends his entire pension - 900 hryvnia.

"I get a pension and for people to do something - says the man. - They call when making water when heating. I'm going, I do not refuse. Because dogs to feed ».

Victor Bogdanovich admits that most afraid that keepeth his. It shows medicines that takes to prevent stroke.
"I am very worried that I would be lying, he slowly die and my dogs will die of hunger. They are not wanted. It is your dream can be found where a woman my age, to live out together. Just to love dogs. "- Said the man.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting