The flight from Berbera to Djibouti

We continue trip to Somalia. Now I'm going to get from Berbera to Djibouti, but the flight was canceled. Already wanted to fly through Dubai, when the agent called and cheered:
"Tomorrow in Djibouti need to fly our minister, so the flight was restored!" Amazingly simple. Really restored my flight,
I flew in an airplane completely empty - except for me in the cabin Boeing 737 was still 4 passengers. For Africa, it is unthinkable luxury. Today, I talk about the trip to Djibouti.

Berbera Airport. Now here satisfies all international flights of the unrecognized republic.

Inside, everything is held by hand. There is no display and scoreboard. 100% retro. If the electricity is shut off, the airport Berbers did not even notice! Scales, registration, inspection - all by hand.

Passport control.

At the entrance you have to pay $ 34 for that is not clear. When leaving you must first pay a $ 10 "security fees", then again to $ 34 it is not clear why. Why not just pay the $ 78 is not clear.

At the airport are our IL-18.

Generally, in part aviahlama Berbera airport it's time to open a museum. An old Czech aircraft L-410

The queue at the gate. Remember I told you that in Somalia the most organized queues. No country in the world, people do not line up in such ideal stage for a landing. That's because the staff here SAB unruly passengers beaten with sticks.

Takes off. You see a small airplane near the runway?

It is the AN-12. He lay there for many years and no one is going to clean up. In 2010 Mitja Aleshkovsky took him closer. Then the airport was not working as an international and here you can get. Now it is the only airport in Somaliland and security strengthened. So just because you can not walk there.

Here he writes about this aircraft Mitya, "the crew tried to put him in the nearby town of Bossaso, but without calculating the rate of descent, too flopped down on the strip, and landing gear buckled. Once at altitude, the captain decided to fly to the port with a long strip and make an emergency landing there. When planting all survived, except for aircraft that and rotting under the sun in the Somali desert. »

Goodbye Somalia!

Hello, Djibouti!

Surprisingly, from Berbera to Djibouti, a few hundred kilometers, to fly only 30 minutes, but as the landscape has changed ...

Even with the airplane it is clear that there is nothing to do in Djibouti.

Djibouti ooooochen poor country where there is no work, 60% of the population, and half live below the poverty line. There is nothing. In '77 Djibouti decided to secede from France and live independently.

When the plane flies to the capital, my mind was the thought: "Perhaps not yet arrived? A plane can fly to another country with beautiful gardens of paradise and fast internet? »

No ... came ...

By area of ​​Djibouti is Israel, but on the map it you will not find with no preparation ...

Sometimes it seems that there is no single tree.

House ...

Capital.

Beauty

And no, there are trees in the country! You can live.

I thought, maybe it's the top, everything looks so sad, may indeed very beautiful city ... But no. With land still worse

On this day, I decided not to go and lie in the hotel. Moreover, unknown African disease deprived me of the past and the temperature rose to 38 degrees (I, not the air). Tomorrow will continue.

Source: zyalt.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting