Baikal. Grandmother Bay

Company travelers visited Baikal and brought great pictures and a story about the amazing beauty ...

... Unfortunately, I left the expedition on Lake Baikal earlier than planned. Nevertheless, I saw most of all, he wanted: he found a fantastic snow, looked "stilted" trees, visited Listvyanka and even rolled on the sled dogs ...

On the territory of Baikal National Park located rocks Big and Small Bell Tower, as well as one of the warmest places on Baikal, where the average temperature is 0, 2 degrees - Bay Grandma

Small bell tower of 60 meters high:

Most - 80 meters:

And the bay. In this picture, I really tried to show more ice: it seems to me, then he is like a cloud:

Guides drew attention to the round stones. Some time ago, Bay grandmother was famous for its pebble beach: here the lake water were thrown ashore pebbles of quartz and its varieties. Unfortunately, the famous beach is almost nothing left - dismantled stone by tourists as a souvenir:

Bay Grandma interesting "stilted trees." There are some species of tropical trees, whose formation stilted roots laid genetically. But pine or, say, larch is not typical. The reason is simple: because of the strong winds blown sandy soil, exposes the roots of the trees, which will eventually stiffen and become an extension of the trunk above ground:

Some of the trees, we can say are "on tiptoe»:

Others can not stand the weight and the weather and fall:

Many tourists and bring fun watching street signs at bay. We saw a few of these pointers:

View of the bay Grandmother:

Ice can be considered infinite. Here you can see how the upper bubbles of methane formed, then the lake freezes and deeper beneath them appear more and more ...

Drove the car and walked a man: in these places the snow turned out to accept, it is not blew as the rest, and there were traces:

View of the bell tower of the cave:

View on me, photographing a view of the bell tower of the cave (Photo by Marina Lantsova):

When we settled down for dinner, met two travelers. I noticed the emphasis turned out, this guys from Poland. One of them is already half a year studying in Irkutsk, the other mother was born in Cheboksary: ​​

The boys traveled by bicycle for more than a month and went from Nizhneangarsk. Two bikes, one of them with a trailer:

We were treated to new acquaintances tea, fed meat. They answered and gave us some T-shirt Polish football team:

And we went on:

By the evening the wind rose small and Alexei Strelyuk, head of tour operator "Baykalika" decided to stand up on skates. Since the wind was in the back, he had no difficulty holding a speed of about 30 miles and rode along with us:

At one point it was dangerous to go across the lake from the large number of thermal springs, forming a lane (open water and place a thin layer of ice):

Once the tripod near the crack began snowfall:

From the sky rained big fluffy flakes:

This picture I made in five minutes after the start of snow - you can see how the snow immediately closed all the ice:

Top sun made its way, I picked up a camera and make a shot. Posted this picture in instragrammu and readers at once there was a set of associations: hospital kleenochny floor lamp with reflection, egg shell with glare, etc. Personally, I think it's more like a volcanic ash - and what seems to you?

Finally, we come to Listvyanka. The village is located closest to Irkutsk, the lake can be reached within an hour.

I had to leave the expedition at this point and I missed rafting on the Angara River on an ice floe. But, nevertheless, managed to catch the horse on dogs. Many times I've seen it happening from the outside, but tried to imagine the first time. First, we arrived at a large farm dog - each skunk own booth, all the animals are sitting on a leash. When the dogs saw that we are going to ride, they are very agitated and began to ask in the harness. Instructors who collected the dogs, somehow dragged them suspended - dogs only seed on two hind legs:

Then each dog forced to a long wire, and then fastened to the entire procession Sledge:

While riding instructor sits on a sled and gives the team the first dog, and you stand behind runners. What is interesting, dog really understands the word "right" and "left" and send for a full harness:

Dogs will start very quickly - may soon develop a speed of up to 50 kilometers per hour. But five minutes later run out of steam and run quieter:

We raced down the road cleared blizzard, but earlier thought, people drove over the snow:

At this my journey in the winter Baikal over. Legendary Lake very much. I am particularly pleased that it was able to visit it in the winter and see the kingdom of ice against the backdrop of huge expanses of Siberia.

Ice captain of one of our machines Alexei Kroupnov sent route tracker on days with all the stops:

Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting