Tour Salekhard

The famous traveler told the story of Salekhard, its inhabitants and traditions.

Reindeer Herder's Day - an annual celebration, which brings together hundreds of residents of the tundra. The holiday lasts for almost a month and passes where the maximum accumulation of herders during koslaniya - seasonal moving from winter to summer pastures. In addition, these festivities provide an opportunity for young people to meet, as tribal communities live in isolation and are often separated from each other. The same principle arranged Ёrdynskie games on Lake Baikal, about which I spoke recently. I spent a couple of days in Salekhard and produced several reports on the city, herders and their traditions ...

From Moscow flew two charter. There were so many people - not only journalists, but also delegates on small peoples of the north, which was held in conjunction with the Day of the reindeer herders. From the airport, we were immediately taken to the sculpture dedicated to the fact that in Salekhard passes the polar circle. Local residents, this geographical feature is no longer in awe, so stele called "fork with sausage»:

The organization was good: each group had its own gazelle, gazelles each - two attendants. In terms of logistics it was convenient, but smacked a hint of bast guided tours:

After dances around the stele and "swim" through a "trickle" of trochees (long sticks with which controlled deer), we have received certificates of the Arctic Circle:

The air temperature was about -18 degrees, and as a strong wind, the cold was unbearable. I am very sorry that did not take balaclava and ski goggles: A locals were quite comfortable - you can see that they are already accustomed:

Then we were brought to the natural-ethnographic complex in the village of Gornoknyazevsk showing the life of herders:

Outwardly, it was like a lifeless museum under the open sky:

On the floor floored board, which does not happen in tents (and fire extinguishers). Later, we were in these tents, I still talk about this in more detail:

Each tent is signed:

Many locals in traditional dress. When worn a jacket, they make a sharp move to the hands climbed into the sleeves - just at that moment I caught this picture:

We met steak and frozen berries:

Nearby was a hunting lodge in which hung skins of animals and the list required for winter fishing. Among understandable to every person gear such as "Network" and "Georgia" were obscure items like "zyuzgi" and "knockers»:

There was a lot of press and television: every man in national costume caused a stir and interest statements:

We went into the back room to get warm and have found application for our tour (430 delegates and 35 journalists):

On the way back we passed radar station (now apparently former), near which saw deer. There is a desire to get closer and take pictures, but to drag in Moscow clothes (we have not had time to change clothes) the drifts above the knee nobody wanted:

As I said, the wind was strong, the road is clearly visible:

Then we were taken to the local museum created at the beginning of the century missionary Shemanovsky. The exposition consists of various ethnographic artifacts related to the life of the indigenous population, as well as the remains of ancient animals - mammoths and woolly rhinoceros:

In a large building on the first floor - wax Chukchi, Nenets, Khanty, Mansi:

There was some kind of a bear, which threw all the money. I really did not understand what the meaning - perhaps someone from the readers know?

We were shown an electronic library, which is very proud of. Four shutting down your computer at the same time say that the popularity of this library does not use:

The main exhibit - a mammoth Lyuba:

Mammoth Lyuba found in 2006. I found him a reindeer herder in the upper reaches of the river Yuribey on the Yamal Peninsula and the name of Ljuba gave in honor of his wife. In general, it seems to me, is rather ambiguous - called ancient mammoth in honor of his wife. But be that as it may find in their preservation surpasses all previously discovered fossils of mammoths: the body is completely preserved, except hair and hooves:

This woolly rhinoceros. It would be strange to see a rhino in these parts today, however a large number of finds of bone remains of a woolly rhinoceros falls to the Russian North:

Dinner was at some official buildings of the city - there were many people and no one restaurant in town could not accept such a crowd. Generally Salekhard, though it is considered the capital of the Russian gas, a small town with a population of about 40 thousand people. Almost twice less than in Dubna:

The next morning we went to these herders, who were preparing to take part in the festival:

Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting