Starting beer in space: as above, dark or bright

Writes blogger russos:

As often happens, a hobby becomes a bit more than just a hobby. So innocent classes my friend netwind-and launch balls in camera slowly escalated into serious projects. One of these was the launch of beer Velkopopovicky Kozel into space. To be exact - into the stratosphere. And to make it more interesting, we decided to organize a competition of dark and light beer: who will rise above.
In general, it is quite understandable desire to be first everywhere. Well, I could not resist the temptation and did not look at this crazy event. And even more I was interested in the technical side of things. And I was not disappointed.
15 photos

1. The group traveled to the launch point of the night. During this time they found a convenient location, some of the equipment prepared and gathered themselves "spacecraft". When I arrived, the first ball has been inflated with helium. This American 1982 model year. He was armed with the American army to run some equipment into the stratosphere. After the write-off was made available to everyone. The dark band on top - sliced ​​skirt parachute suspension system and container equipment. Parachute is attached to the balloon, which provides safe descent equipment, after the balloon burst gas pressure from within (the atmosphere becomes rarefied, and helium balloon breaks). Theoretically this should happen at a height of 20-30 km.

2. This new ball from China. In filling a ball takes about one balloon with helium.

3. Capacity is controlled by the dynamometer. He must show the "thrust" of 2 kilograms.

4. "PCO." With the apparatus in real-time video signal, and GSM data and satellite tracking. The first function in small elevations in the coverage area of ​​cellular and satellite to work everywhere. Earth receives information on speed, altitude and temperature in the cold.

5. The antenna is receiving a video signal from one device. The second signal is received at a simple antenna, which gives the picture a little worse. In general, the quality of reception is very dependent on the weather and cloud as a whole.

6. Cosmonaut

7. On board established two gouproshki. One simply removes views, while the second is in the foreground of beer. Since the first camera signal is written on the stick, and the second is also broadcast on the ground.

8. Final preparations - check the video.

9. Equipment "spacecraft". The yellow box at the bottom - a video transmitter with one gouproshki. Blue box - battery to the video transmitter. Above is a satellite tracking, and the little black box side - GSM-tracking.

10. The device is already assembled and installed on the launch pad.

11. Launching officially passed completely. They were obtained all permits and approvals. At the time of launch was closed airspace by aircraft for safety. PVO track the movement of the balls on the channels.

12. The picture from the cameras.

13. A normal flight! Balls safely reached the stratosphere, where it burst. Search teams waited several fascinating hours of searching landers.

14. One of the devices found, returned from the stratosphere.

15. Beer reached a height of 20 to 180 meters, and the dark - 21 of 570 m.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting