A small study of toilet paper

In life I'm pretty tightly linked with the paper, visited many paper mills - in Finland, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Russia. The manufacturing process know firsthand.
Summary: Paper is the primary (from "fresh" pulp) and secondary (with an admixture of recycled paper). An example of such a "recycled" paper - newsprint. So - the waste paper must be cleaned, but the cleaning process is actually not very strict (even in the West) and, therefore, this paper can contain all sorts of nasty things, and it was strictly forbidden to I setup for food contact. I feel uneasy when someone cut up a herring on a newspaper, or I see that candy or cookies are packaged in recycled paper or cardboard without additional "pads" (for example, from the parchment).

Now on the topic. I never wanted to buy some multi-layer (flavored, colored), toilet paper. I believe that this product is very functional, and therefore he does not need luxuries. Yes, foreign and sometimes expensive paper made from virgin pulp, but whether it is really critical to just wipe your ass?
Once, several years ago, I unwrapped a roll of toilet paper on which was written: 50 meters. As it turned out to be less than half. Well, I grumbled and forgotten. But a few days ago I decided to repeat the experiment. In my hands was a 3 roll:
1) Freshness - 6 rubles. (without footage)
2) Veiro - 8, 1 rub. (56 meters)
3) Clean house - 7 rubles. (77 meters)
More photos will be 1.

1) The freshness - in reality turned out to be 18 meters. Price 1 m = 0, 33 rubles.
2) Veiro - in reality - 44 meters, and the paper is very thin and breaks at the perforation, which is annoying. Price 1 m = 0, 18 rubles.
3) Clean house - in reality - 80 meters. Price 1 m = 0, 08 rubles.

Just wanted to say the words of the great comedian Arkady Raikin: "Oh, make a fool of our brother, oh fool!»

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting