Travel to Sierra Leone

A bit of text:

The other day picking hard and found pictures from the contract, which thought lost :) Has brought me this time in the wonderful African stranu- Sierra Leone. Since independence in the early 50tyh years, a very long time, there was devastation, chaos and the junta led mezhduusobits ... But a couple of years ago, they are all tired and decided to brave the African guys live peacefully and happily ...
And that, in the jungle in the east pile of diamonds ... In the coastal shelf oil found ... (Ay States, there is no democracy, I was there !!! :) So it was quiet, peaceful ... And until they reach the beginning of civilization ...

Actually, that's why I was thrown back to the ship, which provided the diving operations ...
Actually, from Europe to Nigeria of the French Alcatel dragged internet cable, with optical line ... (Oh, fly to Europe is now a chain letter)

Our problem was that the cable zahomyachit to a depth of 2 meters at the bottom ... For the brave African guys quietly dive up to 20 meters without any equipment and can make some troubles ...

His face zamazyukal because shy :)
Actually, the photo report ... 32 photos and the text does not break :) :)

Well, every journey begins with an airplane flying :) long transfers, the total time -27 hours ... missed the season when fly direct flights from Brussels, London ... So having made a bunch of transplants was in Casablanca, where and headed for the airport Lungi ...

Flying a couple of hours, with a stop in Liberia ... and finally at 5 am, landed at Lungi ...
it was 5 am, dark, around one shining white teeth ... not the feeling that I am in wonderland and I am surrounded by Cheshire kote ochkanul ... So get the camera down and take this in the barn :) link is not working, I have met no one starts to lay ... bricks :)
Thank God dawn ...

The problem was that the airport is 40 km from the city across the bay ... ... and I had to buy a ticket for the ferry ... and they did not recognize the euro, thank leg Chinchilla found that predatory exchanged for euro at local tugriki- Leoni. Upload a bus that took me to the ferry. To say that I ofigel the style vozhdeniya- say nothing :) stared at sedluhu and prayed that the current does not fly in the palm of ... for the road? No, not heard ... there it left ... evil ...

The gate to the pier

After an hour flight on board the type of self-made rocket * * at the center of the city, where I finally met the agent

that's my goal :) small, but very proud ship:) a couple of minutes on the barge - and I'm on it. it is at a right angle.

the first night I met an African sunset, the temperature of water + 41 and 32 November ...:) could not resist taking a dip, straight from the board by jumping ...

Lighthouse, as I suggested nifiga not work ... Until the weekend shoveled case, preparing for the project, and there- already determined to set foot on African soil

So, the weekend :) I and a couple of adventurous, jumped in the boat and onto the dock ... Fortunately, standing in a small bay, surrounded by gstinits and civilization ... With private docks. Where is attached.
After the conditional gate with fence out into the city.
Et local fence guarding the approach to the berths

current out into the streets, met cheerful frame, which later became friends, he was a guide :) I had tried, but did not know where this T-shirt, and why the place of braid-Score icon Peugeot :)))

My goal was 800metrovaya Mountain ... which, I thought, a splendid view of the city and the waters ... There she is in the background

Going past the beach, where, to my surprise, I discovered a bunch Anglic and amerikosov (They go here for a romantic holiday in the jungle) and another remarkable contraption ... or rather what was left of it ...

... Hovercraft :) Apparently, they've been here a long time and davnooooo incapacitated and looted ... Negroes, they are people that are not going to work until ostav- works ... slightest polomka- and truncated ... current otverneshsya- have something twisted ...

While riding with a local taxi driver on the road, made a couple of shots ... In the Atlantic, very strong tides ... you can see, how far gone the sea ...

And here you can see the bay, where our boat stood ... sonorous name-Man of War BAY ...

Already rising shot view of the city ... But I waited SURPRIZ

Driving, I noticed something ... Rising, done a lot of pictures ... And only then, otsmatrivaya on board footage that came out, saw how close Stirlitz was a failure :)

Climbing up the hill, I unwittingly, done a lot of pictures ... the American Embassy ... There she is, in the left corner, with 3 meter concrete fence ... Going down, we road peregoradili brave lads from the army SYSHYA ... who politely asked the camera down ... and took the stick ... Fortunately, I have a test shot for fun with sneaker made, they checked it, but briefly ... Yankees ...
Poganyya

Later, I decided to take a walk ... As in all of Africa, Islam and Catholic -series ...

Well, here the missionaries left their mark ...

So, walking, went to the shopping street :)

Coconuts ... a separate topic, grow everywhere and anyone nafig not need ... even saw a couple of dealers who sold them ... why ...?

The market ... I watched with bulging eyes at them, they are-me ... Young children hid when he saw me ... Hike their white uncles scare :) Like us- going bad, the police will give :) and tut- bad will come negr- White uncle and take :)

Fish series with an indescribable odor ... heat ... flies ... and fish ... brrrr

By the way, if there rybaki- floor what a miracle-Yod-fish-whale?

unsanitary conditions everywhere terrible ... and I did not dare to buy any ...

Masks ... as without them ... I looked, touched :) bought ... because I believe that evil floor ... and the price they wrung shopkeeper, he saw a white me ... because of this lion asked 120 bucks ... eventually threw up to 50, but vseravno I did not take ... because of the money you can ... so keep silent :)

Bazar moved sharply in the car market ... Good car, without run across the Russian Federation :)) not participated in the accident :)

He returned to the ship, eaten in the evening decided to step back to where the leg was not yet :) Balts in the outback, in the jungle. Warned in advance, so that did not leave the road, war was dofiga mines everywhere ... as much ...
Jumped in the car, drove on the highway ... Who's there on the road has been criticized? welcome here

We arrived at the village, with a sonorous name of Waterloo ... where the jungle and the ocean side by side with each other ... A simple fishing village ...

left - the village ...

Right-warm ocean with clean sand ... like with pictures, about advertising Bounty ...

local fishermen ...

their boat ... in which run-tarakashki unknown bugs did not come closer ... ... I endured the smell spot ...

anchor ... we are probably still used 3000 years ago ...

... and the Chinese people passing by ... where they just do not have ... apparently they've been here a long time ... a very long time ...

Well, the main thing ... giving $ 20 local children, got a full tank back them ... the evening with beer, went to the cheers :)))

Speaking of beer ... almost everywhere :) Heineken only on the price of 2 dollars per bottle. Drinking and immediately put the bottle back, just for a look, and not in his pocket, so as not to throw away or carried away an empty container ...

Why almost ... ???? but wandered home ... found ... YES YES :)) :) her darling and costs 3 bucks :)

how vyvod- spending in this country 3 months, made friends with the local ... how many times drunk on the ship brought ... nirazu not grabanuli not thrown ... all friendly ... You are tired of the mess and want to live ...

If vozmozhnost- be sure to fly there, but now as a tourist ...

I have everything ... Thank you all ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting