In an especially large scale

Fans of steampunk, and just people who are not indifferent to the unusual sculptures, I want to make a small gift in the form of a collection of works by the French sculptor Pierre Matte.

Matte Pierre (Pierre Matter) for several decades, creates sculptures in the style of steampunk, stranding people, animals and machines in the postmodern maelstrom.

As a material it uses copper, aluminum, resin, and many other components, some of his work weigh half tons. Not everyone would want to decorate your home such sculptures, but they are the same decoration of the best exhibition halls in the world.

The sculptures in the style of "biomechanical steampunk" blur the boundaries between living organisms and machines. Prototypes of its French sculptor sees in real life.

Born in 1964, Pierre Matte had the opportunity to observe how the equipment - from the first color television sets to the global Internet - at first slowly, then more rapidly to win a place in our daily lives.

Trained as a mathematician, Pierre pretty soon decided to devote himself to art. He tried his hand at painting, collage and stone carving ...

The hidden logic of events, that skeptical people call luck, Pierre led to this unusual kind of creativity. In his sculptures of mythical creatures, he manages to organically combine technical progress and nature.

His work in harmony virtuoso sculptural techniques with elements of modern mechanics reflect the inextricable link and interpenetration of man and man-made creations.

Machinery interesting to me because they are at least three-quarters govern our lives, it is very few people aware of this. I'm not one of those who at every turn screaming that everything was better before. I would like to fight for it, to the good side of all phenomena took precedence over their brilliant but dangerous faces, whether mechanisms, genetics, computers. We must humbly bow to them and understand them and learn how to manage them. In the end, without cars, we can not conquer the intergalactic space ...

The relationship between man and machine began when Kunio invented the steam engine, and did not stop until until they merged, becoming absolutely inseparable. Modern man can not exist without its mechanical creatures that give him strength, speed, well-being. Moreover, the exponential acceleration of technical progress has led to the fact that people are worse than seeing the boundary between the living and the nonliving. Machines are becoming more like us, and increasingly can be seen as artificial intelligence subordinates the human mind.

For me the impression of technological transition that we are experiencing at the moment when the mechanical components are gradually being introduced into the human body. The engine of this rapid progress is medicine. Modern genetics time is approaching when the boundary between reality and myth is completely erased. Imagine living centaur, walking down the street!

My artwork is a modest attempt to delay using the specific forms of the consequences of uncontrolled acceleration of change in our lives and our planet ... Materialism bursting at the seams, we are changing the world, present and future merge more and more.

Several works, so you can better imagine the scale of what is happening:

Bull (Bull) Bronze 2006 Length 5 m, weight 1, 5 m. Exhibited at the Shanghai Sculpture Center

Theseus kills marathon bull (Thesee tuant le taureau de marathon), bronze

Fisheye (Le poisson oeil), bronze

The history of the myth (Histoire d'un mythe), 190h60h70 cm, copper, bronze, wood

The Kiss (Le baiser) 53h38h25 cm bronze

The head of a rhinoceros (Rhino's Head), 180h280h90 cm, steel, copper

Swordfish from darkness (Swordfish of darkness), 160h170h35 cm, steel, copper

Angelfish (Scalaire), 204h180h35 cm, steel, copper

Author of the work:

Source: vk.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting