South American diary. Ecuador.

Kiev (Ukraine) - Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Quito (Ecuador)

Here, only two lines, written a couple of seconds. And in fact, still quite a long and tiring flight. But worth every kilometer. And this, I'll tell you a secret, just the beginning, because there is still a lot of interesting things. The route is as follows. Ecuador - Peru - Chile - O. Easter. and the way the road back home. So please be patience and free time. because it will give out the information part, for better absorption. Well ahead with the song.
Going on to say that even at the planning stage of the route - Ecuador was something like a transit point. Well, what's there to see except the equator, I think, but in fact turned out to be quite the opposite. So we fly half the planet and landed in the capital of Ecuador, Quito. The city is located in the mountain valley of the Andes at an altitude of about 3000 meters. Quito is the highest capital in the world and the lack of oxygen is felt immediately when you exit the plane. So breathe deeply lean air, sit in a taxi and go to the hotel. Torments night by the time difference and the next day we storm Quito.
I sent to El Panecillo Hill, where there is a very controversial design a statue of the Virgin Mary. While the photograph to get a local attraction.

raises the very Virgin

View of the center of Quito

We look towards the colonial center

After going down a hill in the center and on the way we photograph the local flavor!

The central streets

a little

Here's a common technique is not rare!)

Security Presidential Palace

close-up.

one of the central squares, in front of the presidential palace

after learning center move to the Basilica del Voto Nacional. which was visible from the hill.

We take pictures of children on the road!

or children!)

We go to the Basilica photograph. and rises to the top

and on top of already much more interesting!

and this is the very picture of a hill from the beginning of the topic.

View of the basilica and the hill.

a slightly different angle

Note the shadow! Although the photo a bit, but still! 12-00

here more clearly. Shadows virtually no ... not like the equator kruti_)

After learning center. I decide to finish the day rise on one of the volcanoes.

the height of 4000 meters. breathe much harder. 150 meters to go it's a decent effort

Snowy Volcano ... I do not remember the name)

Quito nightlife!

the next day is scheduled directly equator!

Interestingly, the line of the equator like two! One is that it was discovered by the French, without the aid of GPS and other sophisticated equipment. And the real line that is already accurate. But the French still fellows, wrong only 200 meters

Top view! Again, pay attention to the shade)

But this is the most that neither eat real line!
In the background, all kinds of tricks that can be done only on the equator! e.g. with closed eyes pass through virtually impossible, for example in water or sink twisted in different directions, depending on the pole! etc. etc.

At the equator, caught in the lens of hummingbirds.

This uncommon say that would be a hummingbird perched quietly on a branch!

Here is a very common alarm

Posted in [mergetime] 1352462036 [/ mergetime]
Well ... in Ecuador, and probably all of the equator! Although the photos sooooo much, but do not want to spread a cloud of the same type. Then I was waiting for a flight to the capital of Peru, Lima. But this is the second time! Thank you for your attention)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting