History shavers

Writes blogger ternovskiy:
Recently, at the invitation of the Dutch company Philips, I visited their largest factory for the production of electric shavers in the town of Drachten. I like to travel to such production, however, before the trip, I thought that the theme is not very interesting, but in fact turned out to be the opposite. For example, I learned that the production of Philips electric shavers used Soviet aerospace technology, bought by the Dutch in Ufa in 1988.
31 photos

1. First Jacob Schick invented the electric razor (yes, the company Schick its name), it happened in 1927, when he was looking for a method without shaving cream and water (due to injury). In the mid-1930s Chic sold 1, 5 million electric razors - and motor shafts, knives move to meet each other.

2. It is a new rotary shaver in 1939 developed the engineer Alexander Horowitz, hired by Philips, it was called Philishave Shaver. Here it is, in the hands of the advertising character of the time standing in a factory in Drachten.

3. In this small Dutch town located factory, which produce all shaver Philips, as well as research and development center, which employs around 2 000 employees.

4. Showroom with different (although not all) goods, carried by Brenna Museum and Philips all produced razors!

5. For 75 years it has been sold 600 million razors! Looking around the exhibition, you can see how the design has changed over the decades, and technology: there were batteries, plastic color, from one shaving head still reached three.

17. And here is the main model for today - SensoTouch 3D

19. You can also test the new razor. The engaged and writer Leonid Kaganov.

20. One of the SensoTouch 3D designers told us how to create this product - many months of studying consumer preferences (shape, material, etc.) in different categories of items - phones, cars, computers, watches, etc.

21. How might look like a razor, if not the main enemies of designers - marketers)

24. It turns out, shaving "by zero" provides a special design knives. Here they are enlarged, as well as shields, whose purpose hook hairs. That it is done by the Soviet aerospace technology!

25. The first knife to hook and pull hair, and the other cuts it.

26. Soviet technology, Philips bought in 1988 in Ufa allows you to make holes in the washer using a special form of electrodes and a special solution (you can look at the video as it happens).

28. The production itself is not small - set of rooms, which produce almost 200 parts, consisting, for example, SensoTouch 3D, then it all going to probably 90 percent - Automatic.

30. Around some incredible robots.

31. One of the most interesting sights - the smelting of plastic parts. All of the shops do not want to leave, conveyors for the production of each Circuits very interesting

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting