How do I make a custom of Honda Steed

It will be about 40 fotografiy.Kak finish, let you know.

Friends gave me a DVD movie «American chopper» about how the Modern Family builds custom bikes. Yes, the famously ... nothing to say! "And we are worse?" - I thought. However, we do not have such shops with spare parts. And with the financial situation was no better. But, as the saying goes, "the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing" .Nachal motorcycle construction in 2006, with the search engine. What can you buy "with hands"? Fall either "arrester" or without electrical engines without carburetors. Or undocumented. And I bought the bike entirely - Honda Steed 400 (the device with a large volume of the engine did not pull my budget). So far, the bike has traveled from the Japanese auction to me, I started searching for parts.

Bought at the rear wheel tires Metzeler 240-18 '', automobile cast disk on the 18 ''. Front wheel took too cast - 19-inch by "Izha." And he built a slipway to build the frame of the 5-ton jack produced bender.
Brought Honda - can begin.

As of the galvanizing plant in which we teammates usually chrome, reported: out of reagents. And what a custom no chrome! Vprochemѕ And why not - dared to do all the shiny stainless steel - even the frame. I found a pipe diameter of 32 mm to 3 mm wall - what you need!
Meanwhile Motik came all rzhavyyѕ Only once on it and rolled - and on the same day to understand. Perched motor plug to the wheel and the pattern of the rear wheel on the slipway. Picked up a proportion of future frames - leafed through a pile of magazines, crawled the entire Internet, is formed in a head combination of length, height and tilt the bike fork.
Rama bent and svarilѕ without templates. "In a week I will go," - I thought. Naive! .. Install the motor in the frame. Sheds radiator paved wiring. I started. Working! Already something. But still it was necessary to connect the engine with wider wheels (240 mm against 150 at the regular). How to move toward the chain, but leave in place the motor? Saw two options: either to establish the intermediate block stars or "push" toward the drive sprocket via the hub-adapter. I chose the second option. Samu hub attached at one end to the output shaft of the gearbox, and the other in bearing, "implanted" into the side of the motor cover.
Still I needed somewhere to hide all the electrics. Falshmaslobak to build a stainless pipe and two side covers, even welded oil filler neck. There and remove all electrical tripe.
From "32 minutes" stainless steel tube manufactured in the same style handlebars and footrests. Foot units also independent production, and also in stainless steel. Fork lengthened by 270 mm. Leather remade from the mother. To produce the hub of the rear wheel. Driven Star (aka Disc), too, was made again. I bought a new chain (native was short), reinforced brake hoses (home front "has suddenly become shorter" twice). "Sidushka" migrated from the donor. Air Filter - car. Spotlight, front fender, rear working brake cylinder and turn signals - China. The device on the steering wheel - from the GAZ-51 flashlight. Tripping - homemade.
But what had to tinker with is the tank and the rear wing. The basis was taken the Chinese tank. But the form he was clearly not what she had seen me. With clay, epoxy resin and fiberglass tank he took me to the desired shape. The same pattern was made rear fender. Then there were the tedious filling, sanding, priming and painting ... More polished frame. Three days and three nights.
And here it is, the long-awaited moment has come! On April 4 the bike, breathing the fresh spring air through a brand new air filter, for the first time on their own left the gates of "parent" of the garage. Impression? Incredible! Terrible roar circumcision mufflers. Rapid silhouette. Baggy rear wheel. Buck and Wing iridescent. Rear suspension - clean "hardtail". What else is needed for complete happiness ?!
Katkov Andrey.g.Krasnokamensk. 2007 trike@krasnokamensk.ru
Original here clck.ru/GRKi -as I Stora trike
clck.ru/GRKK -as I built custom

Here such I came to the ILO Yaponii.Strashnenky, small rzhavenky.

The next day, the engine was on the table.

then it was so

then here so

Trying ...

Silhouetted

and it is an instrument of production frame-bender.

wing and do tank

Tank up reystalinga

after ...

After painting.

I produce and star hub

Rear brake

If you notice the brake disc net.Suport dressed directly on a star

How about this ... kastomov Raised maslobak.V him, I hid all the electrics.

brake pedals with his hands

pedals completely homemade

Getting assembly

But the spotlight purchase.

Here it is, under the broad stone pretknoveniya.Shesternya koleso.Nizhe-native.

This is the only way to attach a number to the ILO

The first fitting on wheels.

When everyone gathered, rolled, ILO again completely disassembled frame polished, washed the engine, painted wings tank.

Then again, all gathered

My homemade

All ... I went

End of story.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting