Walk on Managua - the capital of Nicaragua

Name the capital of Nicaragua, Managua, the city is difficult. This is a large village in which they live a million people. 90% of all homes - single-storey sheds. The three story building is considered a skyscraper. There are reasons - the capital is located near the volcanic massif in the area of ​​seismic activity. The last major earthquake was in 1972, the city still has not recovered from its effects. Now, about 100 km from the city began erupting San Cristobal.

via Zyalt

The city looks like. Sheds hidden behind trees and height it seems very green.

The tallest building in the city, the former building of Bank of America, which miraculously survived the 1972 earthquake.

View of the central park and promenade.

The only historic landmark - old Cathedral (1920), victims of the earthquake 1972. It has been 40 years, but the money for the restoration of the cathedral is not. So he stands abandoned.

Inside scavenge and no one is allowed. 5 policemen guarding the cathedral. Protect it for 40 years. I wonder if you hire security guards instead of 5 5 builders, can be had for 40 years to restore the cathedral?

New Cathedral of Managua is quite good ...

Interior.

Slums are separated from the rest of the city channel.

Locals.

All waste from the slums poured into the channel. Beautifully. Channel they flow into Lake Managua, on the banks of which stands the city.

Lakefront looks. Nobody steamed about ecology.

Metropolitan Life.

When I walked through the slums, all said that with the camera I will not go there. Ok. Check it out. Go directly to the local Gopnik. They begin to feel embarrassed, they say that you can not shoot them, they think I'm from the police. In general, you should always attack first, then there will be no problems. Long tried to convince them that I'm not from the police and from Russia.

When local found out that I was really from Russia I was greeted as a savior! People ran from their homes, the women threw flowers at my feet, men treated cigarettes! "Russian, Russian is coming! Russian, give us the money! Russian, we have nothing to eat, we are hungry and you are rich! Save us, Russian! "The money I did not have, or rather were, but not enough to feed the whole neighborhood, who had fled to look at me. Then the local suggested yet to pick up my camera and sell it. I asked how much they want to get for my Nikon D4? Local huckster looked at the camera, twisted in her hands and passed sentence: "Well ... a maximum of $ 100 ... a big, old, uncomfortable ... now are not wanted ...»

As a result, we have not agreed, and each went his way.

Remarkably, all the houses in the slums for the fences. Walk through some of the maze.

Usually people in the slums of open, kind, all sitting in the streets, bustling ... but here everyone in the iron cage.

As I wrote yesterday, Russia - the best friend of Nicaragua. We supply them with weapons, they recognize the independence of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Everybody is happy. Friendship with Russia is far proud, though hardly local know where Russia is in general. However, in Russia the existence of Nicaragua, his best friend, did not know it. The most that we know is the phrase "Hands off NICARAGUA»

According to an old Russian tradition here harvested cabbage.

The monument to Stalin (actually - no).

All new taxi - Lada. Apparently, the voluntary production of our automotive industry here nobody buys. Only public taxis and any other SOEs. Local rather buy 20-year-old Toyota, Lada Kalina than.

At intersections full of life. Here you and window cleaners and beggars. Pay attention to the cow - as the competition is big, window cleaner must also entertain people to get their coin.

Someone shows the whole presentation at intersections. Nowhere is this seen. Usually served 2-3 rubles.

Advertisement.

Many advertisements painted by hand directly on the walls.

In the evening went to look at an amusement park.

All rides are free.

The government sometimes makes such gifts to residents.

The park is really very steep by local standards.

In general, this approach I do not like. Rather than let people make money, they are given handouts vvide Free carousels. Meanwhile, Nicaragua - the poorest country in Central America.

Parents on children's carousel is not allowed. Children give into the hands of park staff.

Even aircraft currently stands.

Since the park is free, to every attraction to stand in long queues. Cute skinny girls always terribly embarrassed to take pictures. I do not understand why.

All happy!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting