Cottage dangerous neighbors

Picture taken on the phone, so the quality is not very.
For the construction of the cottage took 2 years.
Once remarked in his veranda cluster buzzing creatures, one of them okozalos larger than 5 cm, probably the uterus. Do they're building, I did not bother them, because afraid. Thought winter blathatu destroy them. winter they die. But winter flew fast and I did not do anything. In the spring, construction began again, again waited for the winter, and now engaged in dismantling. In the summer they tortured me. By the way, they are very unpleasant sting, sting victim to leave, and can do this several times unlike wasps and bees. Experienced firsthand.

Photo

Hornets - excellent architects and builders. Their nest they make of rotten wood, which chewed and mixed with saliva. From the resulting substance hornets build nests cell membrane and, using his saliva as glue. Dried shell nest is strongly reminiscent of the corrugated paper. Sheath color depends on the type of wood from which it is made. (I have apparently made of birch)
That's how this miracle looked in the corner of the porch. Diagonal dimensions about 70 cm, a height of about 50 cm. In width of about 40 cm.

3) I wanted to cut neatly, but failed, fragile house okozalos.

He climbed onto the roof of this hive, and there are 3 small hive.

more

more

Honeycomb

Tiers of cells were attached to each other, 15-20 feet - bridges tiers there okozalos 7-8 pieces. ie turns 8 storey house at was, not sickly live apart from small hives.

Actually tiers.

The result is embedded hole, I think will no longer settle down my sosedstvu.U me everything.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting