The treasure was found in the excavations of the ancient fortress of Artesian.

1. In Crimea, found a treasure of more than 200 coins of various items of gold, silver and bronze, jewelry and glass vessels since the kingdom of the Bosporus

photo source: livescience.com
Text: Comments.UA

The treasure was found in the excavations of the ancient fortress of Artesian. Wealthy residents of the walled city, besieged by the Romans two thousand years ago, trying to escape the local citadel and hid there for two treasure.

According to head of the excavation Nikolai Vinokurov of Moscow State Pedagogical University, townspeople hid in the citadel, they knew that he was doomed. Most likely, these treasures were dying offering.
Vinokourov and his colleagues are studying Artesian 1989. Greek character set of the local culture, while the ethnic composition of the population was mixed. Apparently, the bulk of the residents are descendants of the Greeks who migrated to the Crimea a century ago in the era of the great Greek colonization and married with local beauties and handsome.

Greek here was everything: language, education, architecture, art, religion. This is evidenced by found a silver brooch on which is engraved the image of Aphrodite, and gold rings with precious stones, which are portraits of Nemesis and Tyche.
Moreover, the layer corresponding to the time of the burning of the citadel, found many fragments of terracotta figurines of Demeter, Cora, Cybele, Aphrodite with a dolphin, Psyche and Eros, a girl with offerings, Hermes, Attis, hiking and horseback warriors, half-naked young men, as well as miniature oenochoe and small jugs for libations.

Reference: Artisan area of ​​not less than 1, 3 hectares was part of the Kingdom of the Bosporus, for which I century fought King Mithridates VIII, achieving independence from Rome, and his younger brother Kotis I, who have seen much more sense to be a satellite of the powerful Empire. Rome supported Cotys and cities which controlled the Mithridates, were burnt. Artisan fell 45 BC

Posted in [mergetime] 1358092474 [/ mergetime]
Why is it I have not found? !!! All I had done.)))

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting