Make a monument

A little background ...
In 2009, fate took another trick and I was again Vladivostok.
I wanted to go to sea, but did not grow together ... In this epic took several months,
The same fate, in the person of my friend Sanka, brought me to one of the leading sculptors of Primorye -
Sharoglazovym George F., for which separate her personal thanks!
We Fёdorychem with a small age difference (he was two years older), a similar fate:
both came to Vladivostok in the 70s, both gave Fleet of the Russian Empire for several years - Fedoritch military hydrography, I - in the Far Eastern Shipping Company.
Both started career of a graphic designer, but then he became a sculptor,
I - a painter.
The essential difference - he was in Vladivostok.
Fёdorych sheltered me in his studio and I even wrote a few icons,
good - orders mainly come through the Internet and can work from anywhere in the world.
So - I was thrown to the seas and goodbye to friends with whom I lived,
Fёdorychem with Vlad and I left empty-handed at home.
Less than half a year, Fёdorych reports that cut off a large order for the monument N.Ya.Shkotu
and invites me to apprentice. You have to be a fool to pass up the opportunity to visit again
in Vladik and try myself in a new way. Everything - the food!

Sheet Nikolay Yakovlevich (1829-1870)

Participated in the defense of Sevastopol, he was seriously wounded, after the treatment went
serve the Far East.
On 09/10/1858 at 06/06/64 commanding transport "Japanese" walked the Russian port of Okhotsk and the Sea of ​​Japan,
Tatar Strait, the Amur estuary and along the Amur River.
1.1.64 to captain rank 2, 6 June of the same year, appointed acting
mate ports of the Eastern Ocean.
October 2, 1864 - in the southern superior harbors (Vladivostok), in 1868. Captain 1st rank.
Shkot called the name of the peninsula in Vladivostok, a cape in Olga Bay, the island in the Gulf of Peter the Great,
Shkotovo village in the Primorye Territory.
It was in this village and will be a monument.

Posted in [mergetime] 1358603215 [/ mergetime]
Here it is necessary to mention that of monumental sculpture in general and technology
erection of monuments in particular, I had at that time very vague and superficial ideas.
It would be naive to think that Fёdorych consider me hidden talents sculptor
and he invited me to develop them. With two guys!
Just among my many other talents and skills has a place to be inspired talent
Recipes - from any nonsense that was overlooked in the fridge I can create not just edible,
and such that the hands and tongue razvedёsh swallow. Besides, I'm still very modest and do not like to brag.
So - old devil just missed my soup and shashlik and decided to get myself a two in one - and the cook and the apprentice! Well ... all the disciples of the great maestro so begins - swept workshops,
Trays clay and cooked porridge ...

Every self-respecting sculpture studio is in the ground floor of the rotating
(I forgot the name), which set the foundation for future sculptures. It is very convenient - it revolves somehow. Here on this site, and we began installing formwork
foundation of the future monument to the frame and set pieces. Carcass - is the skeleton of the future,
rather large, and the monument should be strong. Fёdorych welded carrying iron pipes,
and have them with adhesive tape, screws attached wooden blocks.

So

Carrier

Frame

More

With God!
Each sculpture studio there is a pit with clay. Behind it (clay) were tended,
periodically moisten with water, covered with polythene to prevent drying clay.
If you think that it is very easy - to extract from it the clay, you are wrong! -
hard work! Clay viscous, thick, sticks to the shovel, and Fёdorych yells: Come on !!!
-idёt body forming the monument. It turns out there is such a rare specialty - formator.
Competent and talented formators its weight in gold - they draft, on the design created by the author
and create a sculpture.
Maestro can only make a final shtrihi.Fёdorych author, by the way,
for a long time and was just such a shaper. What is very proud of.
Charting clay, forming figures - the most physically difficult and interesting part of the work on pamyatnikm.
Then begins the mystery of creativity ... Legs, arms back and forth, below, above, tilt-turn of the head ...
The monument is to "stand", ie position of the figure should be natural and convincing.

Extraction of clay

Forming shapes

And

And again ...

The folds in clothing must conform to body shape and movement of the figure. Clothes, in this case, the form - is another story. Fёdorych shoveled a lot of literature on arrival and I rummaged through the Internet
in search of information about the marine uniforms of that era.
A bunch of nuances: epaulettes, buttons, daggers and other, such as "small things»,
but it is very important not to create a blooper and an anachronism, above which will then make fun ...
What to give up - binocular tube map? .. Then dug that Supreme Decree
Nikolay Yakovlevich privilege was granted in violation of the dress code to wear a walking stick - claudication, a consequence of injury at Sevastopol.

Well - sort of like and everything. Sitting smoke, I drink beer, Fёdorych whips kofy liters.
Lepota! Then he stood up and let fёdorych break almost finished monument ...
 - What are you doing ?!!! Sdurel? !!!
 - It should be unconvincing.
Would have killed the reptile! ..

Almost everything is new: the position of the feet, folds, hands, head turning ...
During this time there were many visits: customers, management Shkotovsky district,
Representatives of every historical societies, were guests and tourists from China -
lovers of fine arts.
But now quite: EVERYTHING! Thank God - finished !!! Even not: stop. Like any artist,
Fёdorych always satisfied with the result and would have climbed and climbed on the ladder - patch up,
add, subtract ... This process is endless. But the timing !!!

Hooray!

Formu.Tut plaster begins to make his trick: to get as little as possible pieces,
To make it easier to collect the form in place and that there is no "lock" - that is, to form
Easily removed with the original cast and the finished monument.
For this purpose, clay, along the lines of the future shape of connectors, stuck tin plate.
Then we begin to sketch gypsum ... To strengthen the forms used oakum, pieces of wood and everything,
that arm will fall ...

And

And

That something like that ...

The form is removed and all sorts vetroduyami is dried and heat gun.
In a humid climate of Vladivostok is overdue.

Georgia and forward - on Shkotovo!

This is the perfect place for monument to the founder of the village, but - alas ... employs some
mandyboy times winning sotsrealizma. Something like a ziggurat, I did not understand:
one in particular, and why this place can not be used for more noble purposes.

We took place on the square in front of the local House of Culture. Not the most successful aesthetic
and architecturally zreniya.Rabotaem.
Pedestal is ready and it start to collect the form. The fastening tape, plaster with tow
and wire. A friend of my friend used to say, where the wire is not holding - welding is nothing to do!

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting