Buying Japanese kitchen knives

It has recently been the topic of how to buy knives in China. So I decided to share the experience, too.
Buy knives for hunting or survival'm not going to, because I do not go on the hunt (and if they'll ever, osvezhevaniem carcasses shall not be engaged), and there is no need to survive. Every now and then buy a tool (a knife is a tool) that I will not use, I do not want to. But knives sooooo love.
I love to cook, and they say get tasty, I decided to get on the good tool for cooking. As a long time ago I learned about Master Ichiro Harroti and the fact that it is a recognized master of the blade case and had a dream to buy knives of this master. But recently appeared and the financial ability to buy.

Will be 12 photos.

Partly certificate of Hattori.
HATTORI company founded in 1971 by Ichiro Hattori - the successor of the ancient kind of family gunsmiths HATTORI, known for its swords in the Middle Ages. It became world famous in 1993 after the release of a series of bars on the American market. Knives HATTORI known and appreciated around the world thanks to a combination of the highest quality handcrafted experience and advanced technologies.
Series HD. These unique products are made by hand. In coated - 64 layers of Damascus, and the handle is made from ebony.
Features kitchen knives Hattori Series HD:
Steel VG10 (High Carbon 0.95 -1.05% molybdenum, 0.90 - 1.20% vanadium and 0.10 - 0.30%) - this is the main cutting portion connected to the 64-layers of Damascus steel.
Sharp as a razor: thin edge, perfectly sharpened. To be able to enjoy and righties and lefties, as well as ease of use, the blade is ground symmetrically, which is made of the most durable (Rockwell Hardness HRC 60 - 61) of stainless steel.
On the blade is engraved the name of Ichiro Hattori-style Japanese Kanji, Jammu and Kashmir, and the blade is firmly welded to Bolster of stainless steel.
Robust handle: handle processed polishing lacquer Pakkawood and fastened with three rivets made of stainless steel for strength and durability, while it looks flawless.

I bought two knives so to speak at the trial. This HD 1 Petty 105mm and HD-4 Boning Knife 150mm (Honesuki).
Wanted to buy KD series, this series forges knives personal master. But the seller is very apologized and said that the probability of getting a knife practically zero, as the master of 73 years (but it works every morning in the smithy) and had health problems. Master more time to students. And the first person in line, joined in 2008.
If you will be interesting, to answer questions on the topic.

Knives come in 3 days, but it's from Japan to South Korea.
Packed to the conscience :) for Russian mail.

Inside the guide, not read to be honest.

The boxes are quite large, but the paper. KD Series Knives come in wooden boxes.
Sam will do when the time is.

Within just packed everything on the conscience.

Beautiful

Well, look more

Without cover

More

Figure beautiful

Drawing on my old Kasumi is not so beautiful

In his hand is excellent, very convenient. The knife is ideally balanced. Sharpening :) Well, do not even doubt ... should shave, paper rasp and even cuts very cool.

Posted in [mergetime] 1360919219 [/ mergetime]
Everything :)
P.S. I have a mentoring and experience Kasumi knife sharpening of knives to razor state (if you kill more time doing so that the chips removed from the hair).

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting