Somalia, the start of a journey

Ilya Varlamov writes:

Miraculously he got to Somalia. Why marvel? It's all about transplants in Istanbul. Unfortunately, the flow of tourists in Somalia is not too large, so that the direct flights to Mogadishu there. But there is a comfortable flight with a connection in Istanbul, which I flew. Joining 4:00. I am located in a comfortable chair waiting room, I took a glass of wine with nuts ... and decided to take a nap. Well, you know how it is like to sleep, and I think now a half-hour nap ... ahead after 4:00! Departures I was 23-50. I woke up at 23-55! I am horrified to look at the clock. Quickly I throw things into a backpack: a laptop, phone, wire ... check documents and run on land. It had to flee far, 501 outlet is located in the farthest corner of the huge airport. I ran exactly 13 minutes, pushing passengers. As I wrote, I saved me a miracle. Flight delayed for half an hour and I could get on a plane last! To fly from Istanbul to Somalia, 8 and a half hours with one stop, you can sleep.

01. Airport Mogadishu.

02. No sooner had the plane hit the ground, all the passengers jumped up from their seats and began to disassemble the bag. Last time I saw this on Transaero flight from Sochi. What's the catch quickly grabbed my bag, and then another 10-15 minutes to stand in close pass, clinging to the sweaty bodies of neighbors, I do not understand.

03. As soon as the plane gets to the parking lot, he was immediately surrounded by a crowd of greeters. Everyone came down from the ladder someone meets, hugging, shaking hands and leads somewhere. Such a mess, I also have never seen. If you do not meet at the ramp, it means that your relatives do not have any friends at the airport, which means that you loshara. If you loshara, then you basically can not be money for a ticket, so that fly to Mogadishu airport where you will meet no one, you are unlikely to be able to. I flew like loshara. Military at the gangway asked, "Who you met?" I shrugged my shoulders ... The military looked at me with an appetite like looking at the turkey in the oven, which is just about ready.

04. At passport control any fuss. Nothing is clear where to go? Which turn up? The crowd notice the shape of the pilot YutEir. Anatoly working on UN helicopter pilot flew intrude on shift, 2 months. A guy harsh ...
 - Are you working for whom? - He asked.
 - I do not work for someone, a tourist, I
 - There's nothing tourists do
 - They say there is beautiful ...
 - No there is nothing beautiful, I every day I drive the wounded and the bodies of the war there.
 - Well, in Mogadishu, the calm?
 - For thorn, yes, but the city did not even think to leave.

Here comes up to me some kind of Afro-African and starts yelling something in their own language. He's joined by friends. I do not understand. As soon discover, the airport can not be removed. It was found in the arrivals hall bunch of local cops in plain clothes, who look after their strategic facilities. View Nikon D4 alerted them, they decided that I was a journalist. For ten minutes I proved to them that I was a tourist and more to take strategic sites will not. It was a very dangerous moment, I already wanted to throw in a cage and sent to be eaten by wild animals.

To leave the airport visa is not enough, you need to go to a special room to a local security officer and say who is responsible for you. Just because a foreigner can not walk on Somalia. For me to answer dude from the hotel, where I was located.

05. The airport is surrounded by three fences, towers everywhere with the military.

06. Occur without cronyism are outside the perimeter, they are not allowed inside. By the way, in Somalia other than the huge and sweet watermelon.

07. Occur.

08. Immediately behind the airport, our car stopped, and we choose to protect themselves. Along the road there is a lot of people with guns that sell themselves. The whole procedure is similar to the choice of road prostitutes in Russia. Before your car in a row to stand 10 blacks, hung with weapons and point the finger at you like it. We took two guards, chose the most intelligent.

09. The roads are bad. In the city 20 years of civil war.

10. Shop.

11. In Somalia, the most beautiful woman. Somalian can be easily distinguished by the addition of any country of the world!

13. And this is one of my guards) he blocked the road near the hotel, so I can quickly go into the building and I have no one kidnapped. Walking through the city one I was not allowed.

Here is the beginning of a journey. With the availability of the Internet will spread notes. Roaming nor Beeline or MegaFon is not here, so contact me in the next few days will not succeed.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting