How many girls need to change a tire?

This unforgettable story happened to me in 2009. On that day, in the suburbs of Minsk held an outdoor concert. It so happened that he had tickets purchased in advance, so the torrential rain that started early in the morning and was walking without stopping more than one day, could not affect the desire to get to the event. Were bought raincoats, boots found, we are a small company and hit the road on a small car Mitsubishi Colt fourth generation.

The concert was wonderful, and the feeling that after spending all day in the pouring rain managed to stay dry - even more uplifting. Soon you will understand why I told the backstory.

text under the cut

The sun had set, the concert ended, and we moved to the city. Razvez all the houses and left alone. It was 11 pm, and in front of 10 km of urban roads, which was waiting at the end of hot tea and a warm bed. And in the middle of the path, bumping into a small pothole, I felt uncharacteristic hard-ringing blow to the rear wheels. My first thought was correct: the wheel punctured, it lowered and pothole drive met with asphalt. A quick look in the rearview mirror, and I see how the cap off my wheel rolls into the oncoming side of the road. Emergency gang, wayside.

Hoods were installed recently and did not want to "renegade" turned into dust under the wheels of a car. Putting lives cap above his dry, quickly decided to run after him and get back in the car, where only then put on the cloak.

To violate traffic rules is also not my rules, especially in the dark in the rain, so - 50 meters back, pedestrian crossing, 50 meters ahead and I near the hood! Lies, handsome, exactly counter to the curb. Pick it up, I heard the roar growing dastardly big engine. Look to the left, and then he - Mitsubishi Pajero cuts Minsk night at a speed of about 80 km / h. About to go away, I do not even have time to think. Do not spray, no ... A wave washed over me from head to toe.

Standing on the sidelines with cap in hand, and with the hair on the face dripping dirty water - at this point the weather played at me all day. Returning to the car, I put on my coat, reflective vest, warning sign set and taking the wheel with the jack, began to be replaced. But lifting the car and loosening the nuts, I realized that the wheel is stuck. Kicks (athlete, 75 kg) and a spare wheel failed. And worst of all - was not around nothing, than would be good to hit the wheel.

Remembering reception wedging the front wheels (unscrew the nuts and a little drive with a minimum speed by turning the steering wheel left and right), I decide to try the same trick with the rear. Omit jack. I sit down, I pass the snake. Lift - nothing.

Realizing that to remove the wheel becomes quite problematic to me, I decide to find a hammer or something weighty in a passing drivers. Road lighting, rain, warning sign, the car on the jack and a man in a vest poisonous yellow color with a raised finger. Apparently, it was not enough to knock on the "feat" of at least one driver.

Having stood wasted 20 minutes, I decided to try to take on. Here it is necessary to make a remark: money to call technical assistance at the time I just was not as familiar to the car, who could disturb the dead of night. So, having decided to repeat the previous reception, put the machine, and I pass a few meters ahead, but over potholes. Lift - nothing. Realizing the hopelessness of their situation, decides to return to the road. "It was getting dark ...»

It takes another 15 minutes of fruitless, as I suddenly notice that the drivers are about 50 meters from me sharply ottormazhivatsya. And then I realize: With yellow waistcoat take me far away for the traffic police, scared, and then saying, "Phew, had passed" pass by.

Cleared vest, go out again. Another 20 minutes, but the same result - none of the machines do not even slowed down. When I had already lost faith in humanity, I came up with a brilliant idea: it is necessary jacking the car on the other side, while he with all his weight fell on a flat tire and remove it with a wedge. Drag and drop the jack on the other side and start up the machine, when suddenly I heard a woman's voice from above: "Can I help you?»

Looking up, he saw two comely young women under the umbrella. Wondering glimpse back and forth, but I do not see the stopped car. Realizing that the girl - pedestrians, but he did not understand where they came at midnight in the rain with a smile replied: "What are you going to help me?" To which the girls say: "But we are for you from across the street for an hour and observe see that no one stops. " Shocked by this turn of events, saying: "Well, I need something heavy such as a hammer than one hit on the wheel." I did not even have time to finish as the girls with the words: "Now everything will be!" - Ran to the road and raised their hands. "Evening ceased to be weary ...»

The first car hit the brakes. It was about 5-year-old Opel Astra. Still in the process of stopping the car I tell the girls: "You do not stop such machines. Need "Lada", "Volga" or something like that. And in such fresh cars hammer unlikely there ».

Going to the open window stalled Astra, I saw inside two pretty girls. Realizing anecdotal subject of the search, without any hope I said, "Maybe you can find a hammer or something like that? I can not remove the wheel. " But instead of who is leaving Opel distance I saw a woman driver out of the car and saying, "We have to see," went to open the trunk. About 3 minutes of searching the hammer did not succeed. By that time came and girlfriend. Then the driver turned to me: "So you can, try to hit the leg. I have here before Peugeot 405 was, so there also happens sometimes. " Thinking that the girl should also be given a chance, I suggest she try the most.

The next moment there was one of the most ridiculous situations in my life: going to the car, she saw that the wheel is punched on the right side, but the car poddomkrachen left. Her question: "What are you trying to do?" - Suddenly made me an idiot.

Laughing and having decided not to initiate her into his grandiose plans, I just moved the jack and lifted punched wheel. About 3-4 minutes in the rain without an umbrella, she was trying to knock him. Realizing the futility of their attempts, she finally gave in.

I thanked the girls stopped for trying to help, but they did not miss a chance to shock me, "We will not go away - Stay with you." And even coming rain and the lack of an umbrella did not become a hindrance!

Rain, two cars in the emergency gang and four girl's voice at the curb ... I have never seen even in Hollywood films: stop it! Even those who went to the other side, unfolded at the next junction, and some two solid. Traffic on the street almost fell. Drivers rummaged in the trunk or disappointment saying that can not help.

And there stood a man in an old Ford (seemingly), which were found and a hammer, and a pump. I started to beat the wheel. After about 20 hammer blows already wet Opel driver exclaimed: "Perhaps it is welded ?!" But after 3 minutes the wheel still succumb.

I thanked the girls for help, and they went away with peace of mind as quickly as they came. Machinery departed, and podkachivaya spare tire, I briefly related the story to the driver Ford. To which he replied: "I would not stop the girls. Recently got into a similar situation, and also has not been able to stop anybody. " I thank him very much for your help!

Wheel was replaced and inflated, and I returned home almost 2 hours later than planned. After this incident, I always verify that employees are well lubricated tire mounting hole on the disc and the hub itself. Since such problems to face me more was not necessary.

I would like once again to thank the girls who helped me that night. Thanks to you I have a wonderful story that I do not cease to repeat your friends. You make this world a better place!

Good luck to all and mutual assistance on the road! And let the right time you will be close to such people!

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting