Work at the mine

The day before the demonstration descent into the mine we are trained to handle self-rescuers. It's a metal barrel on the belt. In case of fire or explosion, it is revealed, out pops rubber pad and hose starts a chemical reaction and release oxygen, which is enough for you for 20 minutes ... Well, and the instrument - a gas meter. An electronic scoreboard lit figures showing the concentration of methane around. If the concentration is too high, the gas meter starts beeping. There were other instruments ... It is necessary to shake the air a special rubber bulb and look at the scale, the most distinguishing her concentration ...

We sit, then - a group of five people and the instructor brings a rescuer from a warehouse - a brand new, in oiled paper. It shows how to handle in case. He lays down on the floor, pushes the foot enclosure, takes up the pen cord on the lid, the lid and jerk tears ... Nothing. Do not load the rescuer ... Do not you saved it, though new, warehouse ... gave us tokens license - the number corresponds to your personnel number. As tokens obtain the lamp saver and instrument. Rescuers - rust, dents in. If we did not load a brand new ...

We pass to the stands of several cranes with muddy "potable" water. Near windows - previously issued "tormozok": two eggs, sausage, bread, cheese. Everything is neatly packed. I told my father. The crane recruited soda into jars. The windows are now boarded up, and about water I mentioned. Two passenger stands the ancient plates "Norma landing in the cage 25 people." We went down at 10am - the first change is already on the job, the second has not yet left. So comfortably - 5 students and the instructor. We go in the crate - metal box with doors on both sides. Two signals. Pause. Another one. Cage gradually begins to descend. Instructor:
-Will Ears lay - swallows.
I have time to think - we've been going to fall - and the cage goes down, it seems, in freefall. The stomach squeezes his throat, ears, really lays. Instructor:
Or three to five meters per second.
Stairs lift emergency lane merge in front of the cage. And here we are in the dungeon ... I must say that we were being taken to the first of the three horizons - metrov.Vtoroy 640 - 840 meters, the third - 1,200 meters.
At first, of course, to wade shivering, representing the entire thickness of the ground above his head ... and then released without thought. Around that time, I began to lose weight, and even as it shrinks. Very hard to believe, but I was the increase in 196 cm and weighs 130 kg, became 186 cm and 89 kg, respectively ... Strange? Not that word. I think all the same, that all changes have been associated with this anomaly in the head. Do the same in my baby pictures - I was there shket a skinny, and then - again - a pioneer and chubby ...
During the three years in the mine case, I see a lot of all - and fires, and accidents, and he got into trouble ... I remember, I was repairing an emergency stop on the tape. He climbed on it and wires
I connect. And I went to the signal and the tape went, but to the bunker - ten meters. I fell on the tape and grabbed the rail supports - it is these metal wires along the tape. Older already torn, wire sticking out of them ... seven meters dragged me until dismounted. A hand to the bone broke. Somehow wrapped cellophane packages on the way but the blood of them merged into a ditch ...

Yes! I forgot to tell you about the first working descent! That was something! The first day - it is the wild ...
Having lamp, instrument-gas meter and a lifeguard, fetch water, go to the stand. And there - my mom - a crowd of hardened miners, roar, laughter, matyugi! .. And then the cage is raised. What was it! The crowd rushed forward, yelling intensified, I have suffered human mass around the wall. Desperate shifting and feeling pathetically cracking under the pressure of the battery lamps, I also cried. It helped. Wall darted away and slapped me in the back of some miners. He matyugnulsya, but just spread his legs to keep. I decided a little-turn, back, so to speak. That was a mistake. I lost my footing and I was pinned to the wall of the cage. In the belly rested someone lifeguard, and I myself could not even move. What is there to hell, the rate of twenty-five people landing! Later, I once counted the sake of interest - seventy two !!! Cage started. Gently ... Faster ... And then I felt that I was sprawled on the iron sheet wall, so the collar playfully cheerful brook poured ice water. I was jerked - what there! .. Hubbub subsided when the cage to pick up speed, ears laid, and the creek on his back grew stronger. I have resigned, feeling the water passes through the underwear boots. And here!!! I do not even understand what happened - my teeth klatsnul stomach jumped to the throat and tried to hide behind the cheeks.
-Blya, Sho for garbage ?! - His voice one of the passengers.
-Tormoza Check fag. - The other replied.
The cage stood, gently swaying on the ropes. After 5 minutes, when the water is already overrun my right boot, set off smoothly. Empty the boots, I moved in neblizhny way - to the workplace a couple of kilometers along the main roadway at kilometer yes "burrows" height of 1, 5 - 2 meters ... The nasty boots squelched and made ёzhitsya omnipresent draft. In pyativagonetochnogo elektrotolkacha happened fight - two brutal thunderstorm is not shared in an iron box train. They quickly separate them, but I've heard more muffled screams away along the tracks and looking for guidance on the way. The third turning on the right, through the gateway to the impasse, along the belt and to the right and again to the right. I turned on the lamp of light and searched the beam rotten dirty walls, overgrown dirt guts hanging high-voltage cables with a braided seaweed exfoliated. There is always a fall. Always mud puddles and drops ...
He remembered his father's stories when he worked here, drifts along under the arches hanging fluorescent lighting, all dry, all cables tag - every few meters to the right and left of the tracks - a track from slabs ...

This I blinked and blinked lamp? White spot light turned yellow. No, not that. Circle of light shrank and red light bulb. I for some reason picked up his pace and light, as if he felt it went out. Darkness flooded my head - as if the bubble burst of light in the thick darkness. And I that swam in the bladder, taken by surprise, froze. Hearing strained to the limit - a drop of water from the ceiling, a dull roar is not clear what - then, whether air, then, whether mechanisms ... and distant voices! Here - continue fireflies seemed lamps. Ostorzhno stepping, I went ahead, these lights - this is another change back from the faces ... I was driven to the nearest phone, I phoned to the mountain master, who soon came and gave me a lamp, and we went to the workplace ...

First-time electrician work, in my opinion, not much different from the work of the EMG--gorno working underground - to the technique did not let me, too close to the bottom, too. They handed a shovel and sweep in between scraper conveyor I studied electrical equipment slaughter. In fact, it was very easy. At the bottom are drilled with pneumatic drills ("sheep") to 2-2, 5 meter drills holes - about 70 pieces. Then called the master blaster and under his care laid the explosives. All go away, are placed on the positions and drifts shooter closes the contact. After the explosion - 20-30 minutes ventilation. Then muck loaders rock fed to the scraper conveyor with him - on tape, then - in the bunker and onto another tape ... And the tape length of 400 meters is considered short. Tapes serves a lot of people - cleaning, replacement of rollers, repair joints, etc. But sometimes loaded, stretched to the limit of the tape width of 1, 5-meter burst - and then it would be better not to stand near ...
I once "sat on the bunker." This means the alarm switch on and off the tape. In the hands of -ogryzok intrinsically-safe explosion-button. The rustle and creak tape rollers brings a nap ... It was a terrible awakening. Something somewhere jammed tape and tension head weighing several tons, and suddenly came to life, tearing and fixing fences, pulling the meat reducer, reared and crashed into the vault of the ceiling, breaking the ceiling, like dry twigs. Under the efforts of burnable howling engine the size of a plump sow, which has already sparked and began to smoke, and the crash of falling debris from the top floors and pieces of rock, I grabbed the rescuer and Rushed to the face, howling wildly, like the sow at farrowing. Chattering teeth and turning round eyes, he told the foreman about the accident. And he stuck out his lower lip, said:
 - Hm ... And we gadaemo, chogo you are turning off the tape ...
Then callback section chief, to the force of the second shift for the repair tape. And an hour later, we went to the exit, for a change just ended. Shift in the shaft lasts 6 hours. During the descent to insert an iron plate with a number, which is attached to the lamp, and in a special box, waiting for the green light will light up, go on. When you exit the procedure is repeated. This creates a mark: come to work - went to work.
But one day I walked for three days ...
I came in the morning on the distribution list. I was sent to some semi-abandoned corner something there to clean. I went outside, smoked, went to stop and drove home. On the second day - the night. Everything is repeated. Third day - in the second. That same story. About truancy - not a word. Here are just a master spotted that I went to the locker room, and the bus stop.
The reason? Why I did not go to work? Ofigel already on such a life - going to work and you do not know, come back if ... Every week at the mine fatality or serious injury. It's like roulette - there whose number has dropped today? Not to mention the numerous cases ... there Explosions or fires ... And here again leaves still upward to the sun and all - brake flies. Urgent need to drive it all - the daily fear that eternal hatred, that money is not paid, detain and everything is falling apart in my head so much that you can die from stress - or suck half a liter of vodka and go away from this stupid ruthless reality . And again in the mine, almost a kilometer and a half deep, and over the top ...
Because I was not kicked out of the mine, no. Forced to watch at the bottom of Dec. 31, two shifts - from 6 pm to 6 am. And it had to be two people at slaughter. But I was one of two ...
I remember riding on a bus to the mine, glancing out the window. In the center of the theater, from the trees already in full partying funny drunk people. He turned away and looked all the way to the back of the front seats.
... At the bottom it was unusually quiet, only a muffled buzzing fan, blowing leaking methane. I put a couple of boards on the floor, close to the wall, his head stuck under the gas meter, turned off the lamp and fell asleep. About nine had to call the shift supervisor, to report the situation. Reporting:
 - East Field conveyor, East Field haulage - without incident, everything is fine.
 - Well done! Excellent! Holiday greetings!
 - And you ... so well ...

The second time opened his eyes on a rustle. Turn on the lamp, he fumbled on the floor beam - and there: a dozen rats and rat sat in a semicircle, and looked at me with red beady eyes.
 - Here you are now, poor guy ... - I got out of a jacket pripasёnny bread tonyusenkoy rings of sausage, wrapped in newspaper and thrown a meter from the package itself. Rats moved, twitching his mustache. I glanced at his watch and smiled - on a screen darkened square numbers 23:59. It looks too dramatic, perhaps, but - it was. I glanced at the crowded already at the convolution of animals, said:
 - Happy New Year! - And turned off the lamp.
Last time it was a presentation at 3am. In a tube for a while the music rang, stretched people's voices and then, shift supervisor:
 - Pyuomiou-oh!
 - East Field to ...
 - Ibrreoouttsss ...
I hung up. Head bast not knit. Rats remove all cleaned, and the most cultural and grabbed the newspaper ...
Finally I woke up at 6 in the morning call will not become and walked to the exit. At 7 I was already at the top. Seven people with me are the same penal duty-waiting, when will the hot water bath. Half an hour later it became clear that ever. At least not today. Somehow having washed the cold, dressed and came to a stop. The street was cold and not a single bus. After 20 minutes, began to freeze your hands and knees - and we went on foot. And then there is, some 5-6 kilometers ... Sober, evil, we crunched the snow and ice underfoot, exhaling clouds of thick steam ... Arriving home, the first thing sat down and slapped the glass in one gulp kazёnki - for a holiday. Not even biting, he congratulated the parents and gradually thawing, went to greet friends ... So I met the year two thousand.
A little talk about the underground rat. Not about VTBshnikah and of such small animals ... Because if it is not respected, it is very revered folk - smyshlёny and grateful. Eyes wasted trying not to fall. They love to ride on the tapes. You walk along the so-spinning tapes, look - one traveled, the second. A third need to go here, it is with a tape on your shoulder - jumped from the shoulder to the ground - gallop, and not have it.
In one case, a very compassionate, I was very upset. I went rat, and behind it -krysёnok. That rat jumped to the ground and sits, and krysёnok also jumped, but unsuccessfully so, with all the fluff on the video firebrand! And I fell, legs twitch. I to him - on the head of such a hefty bump and blood from the nose. All Khan poor. A rat that is sitting still and looking not at me, although I am very close, and a rat that ... I even tears flowed. He took a small, warm yet - and brought the ribbon in a dark corner. A rat that was me ... Looks mamanka taught your child to travel on the tapes, but it turned out like ...
Due to take with a little food was supposed to give the rats. Somehow I came, ate, turned off the lamp and fell asleep. Suddenly I feel - something on my shoe presses. I turn on the light and saw the rat sitting on its hind legs, front and grabbed my boots - where, they say, my share? Bessovesny, all skhamal! I am ashamed to even. I give him the newspaper in fatty spots. Do not scruple rats dragged under the bench ... In the case of an early release or some assholes, rats fleeing crowd away and here it's time to run after them - will not be deceived ...
A lot of things still there. Funny and scary, all different ...
You know what stinks of human blood? Sugary, sweet, sour, intoxicating smell, it will inevitably cause nausea ...
Black streams in the face, hands, and razmazhesh - bright red. And the stink ... And when bloodless body comes into dissonance with the universe, from the legs, from the feet rising wave sweeping all vibrations - powerful, low tone, she comes to the groin and bladder immediately emptied, it reaches the stomach - the horror decreases, pushing the contents through the esophagus, comes to light and a nurse screams in my ear and seems to whisper: "Breathe! Breathe !!! "and pokes his nose mucosa burning ammonia, but you already do not care, because the vibration is already at the neck and jaw muscles fall, his mouth opened to give up the ghost, so goes for Death, stepping slowly and inexorably. And pupils dilate and all pours white light. And somewhere far away echo of voices: "Clinic! Fast, fast! .. "Echo mired in wool and ... everything.

... I look in the mirror. Because of ugly, thick as caterpillars, scars at the temple stick hard black thread. Hair frozen pankoobraznymi spikes caught gore. Eyes, sunken in the orbit and blue circles under them. Left eye zatёk blood - a protein in sight. Alive ...

© mainkun

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting