The road, which is not: winter road Vuktyl - Vorkuta

If life has become boring if caught midlife crisis if a stagnant blood in the veins - choose a trip to Vorkuta. More than three thousand kilometers, but the last one thousand - along the winter road. Road which operates only in the winter - summer in its place a swamp and mosquitoes. Somewhere on the 500-kilometer winter road comes m feeling for which people go to India and Tibet: the catharsis, the "reset" cleansing. Back 500 500 forward, and the night exactly sweep. So completely level, it is not necessary to bury.

When splashing behind 70 liters of petrol in the car stock of food, water and alcohol for a week, the thermometer shows minus 33 ... How do you explain that? Around 500, the third hour of silent partner. So completely level, it is not necessary to bury. Literally.

104 photos and text
a source at the end of

Winter road from Vuktyl Vorkuta - one of the most beautiful and challenging roads in the world. Time for a no-seed landscapes: the road is almost all of the turns, rapids and jumps, cover - ice. And it is a thousand kilometers, and each of them could be the last for either wheels or crew. "Progress" is often of 100-120 km / h and the hole in the floor-wheel are not uncommon, and riding on a streamer - a constant search for "Hitch," Riding on snow touchline.

When you dive into a rut of "Ural" in Vuktyl, be certain that the work wheel and you head for the nearest thousand kilometers is enough.

Starting a way of life in the forest. Let circumpolar, low, but the forest. Gradually, the loop for a loop, turning the corner of the forest is becoming smaller and smaller, and then he disappears. Going by the vast snowy steppe - tundra!

One of the best adventures of my life, one of the best roads.

But whether chosen this path on the Range Rover Evoque? You can ask the Internet, it looked like all previous expedition to Vorkuta: severe bearded, winches, large wheels. Therefore, let the Phase "of the English dandy," we are "in-kind" doubted, whether he will respond for the "market" creators. «Looking» Range Rover is now in India - they have snow and cold weather in the mountains just seen.

With every kilometer I do prefer Evoque. I have to say that was not pleasant. Firstly, the wheels: 235/55 R19 good at tuning show, but for Russian roads need something higher profile. The scheme has a 18-inch and even 17-inch sizes - that they have to choose and not to guess where to find the tundra tire.

Another sidenote: we're going to staff the factory "vsesezonke» Pirelli, bald as Claire's Knee. This is called the purity of the experiment: will master you absolutely "Staff» Evoque winter road for the "Ural"? Or was he destined to only around Big Ben to go?

Further, of the downsides: the creators of the strange saved on the processor for on-board electronics. Each press of the button on the screen is long and complex thought process - the system has no speed.

About hidden under the plastic cover towing eye we already wrote: I do not know how much hashish had to chew the Indian comrades to approve this decision.

What else? Front seat automatically moves forward. To squeeze in the back, you need to hold the button. More - from doorways to minus 30 at speeds of about 100 km / h significantly blows cold. While this entire set of drawbacks. If somebody wants to criticize the car - think about whether car for 80 thousand dollars to be bad?

No.

Another question - whether it is suitable for expeditions?

Yes.

But this station and the Expedition for two, a real love Gran Turismo for couples traveling to Russia. Sorry, the list of options is not loving eyes, so instead I tell bearded Gleb:

- Gleb, each time convinced that in today's world, the buyer does not pay for horse power, not for the number of transmissions, and for the "depth study" of the car. For its setting: Stability is at all, but only a Range Rover went ahead and gave a choice of operating modes of a full drive and control electronics. "Stones", "Snow" - it all works, the character of the car is really changing.

- A suspension? Gleb, I'm sorry, you woke up from what we took off - overlooked, I missed another jump. But the Evoque lands exactly grip without yaw and swing, then there is a path, like a machine WRC. Although energy intensity is not enough: back periodically "hit." If not for the stupid wheel would be better.

Gear shift paddles? Most machines are - strange fiction, toy, trinket. Here are the perfect "machine" to quickly reset gear "down", "podsbrosilsya" before overtaking, one jerk KAMAZ overtook another barge and then you go. The box itself will return to Drive, if you hold the "petal» & quot; + & quot; for about five seconds.

This is called - people thought. And I'll tell you in my veins flows the plastic baby Evoque "correct" blood. It did not save it worked, so every dollar its price is justified. Reliability I did not ask - the car is new, it is not known yet.

And Evoque - the great Gran Turismo. Red, beautiful. Athletic, powerful. Each refueling look at you as a god. And you, and you feel so, when you fly on broken Kostroma path and realize: "for himself" I would have done chip tuning the engine to respond to the "gas" become "sharper". And be modified suspension: the back with two full 40-liter cans in the trunk lacks energy consumption. Anything else would not be touched, he would leave as is.

Meanwhile, we move on. 2, 0-liter turbo with 240 hp It calls for every 100 kilometers of 13-15 liters of gasoline, but fulfills them off. Small "turboyamu" offset by strong acceleration - and clubs snow dust we go from Kostroma.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting