My ascension on Kazbek or above the clouds.

Here, too, I decided to write about his journey and passion for the mountains. Full route last year for the second time took me to the top of Mount Kazbek. A bit of text and 94 photos taken mostly ice ax and crampons.

From Wikipedia: Kazbek- extinct stratovolcano, the easternmost Caucasian five thousand meters, is located in
East Central Caucasus, on the border between Russia and Georgia, in the eastern part of the ridge Hohskogo.
The last eruption occurred in 650 BC ... height in the Baltic system of heights 5033, 8 m.
I'd add that Kazbek the lowest Caucasian five thousand meters. Climbing on him by
Georgia is the easiest way to go to 5000, from the Russian side to do it a little more difficult (for
climbing classification even more difficult than the climb to Elbrus), we will go the second way is
on the way AV Pastukhov (1889). The difficulty is rather steep rocky prozhozhdenii
plots and complete autonomy of the entire route, i.e. the path is not found a single village, climbing camp and even huts, mobile communications, under certain witchcraft vstrechaechaetsya only one
location at 4200.
Events take place in October 2012. For 9 days we have our grppoy of 2 girls and 4 boys pass
about 60 km, rising up at 3, 5 km and then later, cold and happy. Mid-Autumn
the best time to hike on Mount Kazbek, in the mountains the weather is stable, through the clean cold air
open the most contrasting views. Among the few drawbacks is worth noting is that nighttime temperatures at an altitude
may opuskatsya to -20-30 degrees (that in a tent there with any equipment), snow
starting from a height of 3000m and it is natural to go harder.

Day 0. In the evening get to Vladikavkaz, where we are waiting for a taxi in which we go to the ruined village Karmadon where the pogranzastava.Na go in the sunset Fota city of the dead in the village. Dargavs. At dusk, put up tents among the ruins of the sanatorium "Karmadon».

1. watchtowers on the road.

2. "City of the Dead" filmed from the car window. Hurry up.

Day 1. In the morning, get pogranpropusk and sent up the valley Genaldon on her way and went under the ice mudflow that killed Bodrov. In the evening we arrive at the thermal springs 2300m, we put the camp and in the dark to bathe in hot mineral water.

3. morning in an abandoned sanatorium

6. Go up to the village Tmenikau there at the bottom of the remnants of the mudflow, under which the village was buried Karmadon.

7. Deadline town.

1. Thermal Baths.
2. Glacier Miley.
3. Accommodation 3500.
4. Accommodation 4200.
We see most of our route, at the very top of Kazbek will not be seen until the "4200 nights».

10. The simple tourist lunch.

11. From the lemons produced good mug.

12. And here's own thermal baths. Swim well, but can not be too salty to drink water.

13. It contains a lot of iron.

Day 2: Today we pass the most technically difficult part of the way. Exit Glacier Miley and come to the rocks, hang rope railing for insurance. We spend the night on the "overnight stays 3500».
14. Early lifting and fees.

15. Go across the river Colca, on a very shaky bridge.

15 Go across the river Colca.

16. We went to the tongue of the glacier, there hangs a fixed rope vykalupyvaem its ice, and climb on it.

17. Dog Fido led us to this place only.

18. Check the rope.

19. Top view.

21. glacier flowing rivers such here.

22. Bypassing a crack approaching the rocks, the ice beneath us is now only sprinkled with stones.

23. And here is climbing.

24. View of the place where in 2002 slipped Kolka glacier, which has created a giant mudflow.

Rocks. Just to understand, I know not enough helmets, but it's our decision to ask not to comment.

26. And here overnight 3500.

27. Here, a memorial sign of the tragedy in 2002.

28. In the evening, with the bottom of the fog creeps.

Day 3.Ves day moving snow steep peak DWS fortunately parallel with us is a group of Novgorod, chop steps in deep snow turns much more fun.
We set up base camp near the top of the peak of the so-called DWS "4200 nights" dig out a place under the tent, where the made special boom in the wind. I want to note that after a hard day, and even at the height of 4200 where there is no lack of oxygen is already being felt, waving shovels terribly hard.

30.Rano morning.

32. break.

33. There was more time for photography, unlike yesterday.

34.My mixed with Novgorod.

35. Almost got out.

View from the top before going on an overnight stay.

37. We clear the site for the tent.

... The weather deteriorates.

Day 5. Day 4 is omitted because due to bad weather all the time we were sitting in the tent, strong gusty winds and blowing snow are not allowed on the street. We try to eat less and drink less likely to run out of necessity.
So on day 5 in the morning the weather does not change, unless the wind is a little quieter, cloudy (by the way the very top, we still have not seen). About 12.00 from Novgorod guys go down because Spare days they did not have. Half an hour after their departure magically disappears Cloudy, offers a great view on the top, get out of the tents and rejoice in spite of the icy wind. In the evening again all addictive.

These are landscapes to 2 days.

39. The weather!

40. Tents have to dig out every 2-3 hours at night incl

41. It is natural that there is no water around, that's how it is mined for all needs, here it is worth its weight in gold.

42. 5den the weather clears up.

43. plans. And again, to dig.

44. Health is paramount. About water I mentioned, we brush our teeth with snow.

45. The weather is better shown Kazbek!

46. ​​Here it is.

47. There are new species, 1.5 days we did not see anything except the inner tent, and each other's faces.

49. That's the top, who have not yet realized

50. Pending.

52. Highly sit.

Posted in [mergetime] 1366306440 [/ mergetime]
Day 6. In the morning, again the bad weather, we begin to lose hope. 10 hours to the weather improved, but to go to the summit too late, anyway dress outfit and go out into the side of the mountain, sit on the ground is impossible. On snow depth to at least reach the knee predvershinnoy off and the storm again, come back at dusk.

53.Kopyta burn, we go to investigate.

54. And here is the hidden cracks. Not for nothing were connected.

55. Pass Miley. Closer to the goal.

56. Go ahead, however soon have to turn around.

Day 7: We get up at 3.00, the weather is perfect, not a cloud, calm, moderately frosty. As trodden footsteps 2 times faster than the last we reach the top of the rise and at 12.00 we are on top !!! True cloud bottom ponabezhali already, but still kind of exciting. On the descent once again fall into the Strongest Clear, which is dissipated to our arrival at the camp. CELEBRATE !!! but not much tomorrow mistimed descent.

57. Early rise.

58. dawning. Overexposed photo.

60. That is soon to have the sun come.

61. The moment of sunrise, an unforgettable experience.

63. "Lights" on all sides.

64. No comment ...

65. Go ahead.

66. finish line. All are tired.

Finish line.

67. Pretty cool.

68. The view from the top. White dome in the distance - Elbrus.

69. Vertex. Species in Georgia.

70. Hurray !!!

You can relax and 72.))

73. There, at the bottom of Vladikavkaz.

74. This is where the buzz.

75. Where can climb almost on all fours, is not always possible to just go down. We hang the rope.

​​

78. "Peschinki".

79. The weather deteriorates. Go a little bit scary.

80. Again, the pass to the "home" is not far away.

81. The pieces of lava on ice, there is still the volcano.

Day 8. The weather whispers again, trouble-free to get down to the thermal baths, stripped promorozhennaya knuckles.

82. But first it is necessary to vykovyrnut icebound tent.

83. Someone was about.

84. Again, we go through the rock but now down to the most dangerous moment.

86. This is already close to the thermal baths.

87. We are again in the warmth!

88. I thawed.

89. Hunters are given a little game, thank God a lot of gas left)

... Day 9 and 10. We run a relieved backpacks back to Karmadon again spend the night in the ruins of the sanatorium. The next day, go home, the road drops into a "city of the dead" and the cafe - overeat Ossetian pies.

90. On the way back we stopped still in the city of the dead.

91. family tomb.

93. I have everything. We are coming home! Thank you for attention.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting