Recycling in the Netherlands

Today, the Netherlands is a leader in the field of recycling.
In this country there is no dumping, all the trash is recycled or incinerated.
Let's see how it all looks.
11 photos via Oleg Kozyrev

Get a second life on the old frame bicycles of them make new bikes.

Second Life get coffee residues obtained after peremolki and brewing coffee in the coffee shops ...

... They grow mushrooms for restaurants.

Get a second life and old cars ...

... And old planes ...

... And even the bags from under the coffee turned into a handbag.

Strikes and scale industry. From huge factories, processing tons of waste ...

... To small private initiatives and the family business for four people.

Today, the Netherlands recycle 50% of waste, and want to process more than 65%. In some cases - in the recycling of vehicles, for example, they go to a figure of 95%.

Dutch completely free from landfills. Of the 200 there were only 20. And those that were, produce biogas and converted to projects such as this golf course. Yes, this dump is possible to play golf!

An important detail about this landfill (dump and that something called the language does not turn). This "dumping" produces biogas, enough to provide 100 000 people with electricity. Ie for example if a landfill in Khimki left bank to close and turn to the Dutch version - it could have the whole city at 3 \ 4 provide power, but on the landfill could play golf.

But this is not a detail. that I wanted to tell the Dutch realize that even such landfills, producing biogas, in time with them something else to do. And the owners of biogas already decided to set aside money for the children, that there was a sufficient amount of for recycling. And this amount has already been collected and postponed.

All waste business (except one - of all where we were) - private. This favorable story. So profitable that the Netherlands today are purchasing waste in Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium and plan to buy in the UK, for example. Stunning evolution of consciousness of Europeans began to perceive garbage as a raw material, and only in this way.

Some news about recycling in the Netherlands are sad for Russia. Here, for example landscaping company Plant for the city (I wrote about it in one of his stories), I found a replacement turf ... in the trash - making structural quality soil for the trees and all the plants on the basis not of peat and coconut.

Yet at the end of the trip I somehow became more optimistic on. I saw that the garbage dump - it is not a problem but an opportunity. The ability to save and even earn.

There is no doubt that the regional level will return to self-government, and the federal level will return to free competition in business - waste processing industry will be strong in our country.

And who knows, maybe one day I will be able to invite Russian journalists from Hungary, Germany, Czech Republic, Turkey, Finland, Portugal, Italy, Israel and the Netherlands - and the show, which were able to achieve in the field of recycling we.

In the meantime, do not be lazy and see (links above), a series of my stories.

Rubbish on the streets, in parks and in the dumps just because of debris in the heads of governing the country. Remove this garbage - will do fine all over Russia.

We can not say that everything is perfect. Here is such a funny episode on the assembly line where workers compete Poles and robots.

And yet, according to the calculations of one robot replaces four Poles, so that soon the pipeline will be fully mechanized.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting