Georgian Military Road

Crimea and the Carpathians rest. Alps too. So beautiful and harsh landscapes you will not find. Here, only 1700km from Moscow, has it all: the narrow gorges, wild rivers, fast serpentine, waterfalls, off-road route to the foot of "Kazbek" and dizzying landscapes (literally).

Formally, the Georgian Military begins and ends from Vladikavkaz to Tbilisi. Length - 208km. This is the only overland connection between Russia and Georgia, which, after a significant break started to work since March 2010. Previously, the main highway connecting the two countries, was Transcaucasian highway passing through South Ossetia. Now this road only to Tskhinvali can be reached.

37 photos Via ru_repetitor

01 Weather on the Georgian Military Highway changeable. The photo was taken on April 17 this year, just behind the checkpoint "Lars". Daryal Gorge. Very narrow, well, that to the border with Georgia, the road passes through a tunnel. And earlier travelers like Pushkin's unclear how seeped between the rocks, rises to 1000 m, and the rapid Terek

Next shot - 1 May 2013. And gone from winter. Spring, summer is almost! Pay attention to the sagging car with Armenian numbers. There are many such. Go whole families. I got the feeling that half of all traffic - Armenians. The fact that Armenia, surrounded by his enemies in the face of Turkey and Azerbaijan, is only open borders with Georgia and Iran. Accordingly, in order to get to Russia and the Ukraine or in Europe, it is necessary to go exclusively to the Georgian Military Highway. Because the Armenians did not require a visa to Russia as the Georgians, they actively use this track

Immediately after Daryalsky Valley begins spacious Hevskoe gorge. Where you can stop and take a few shots. And after a nervous break the border crossing does not prevent

Once I moved on, as ...

Butted into another tube, which was formed due to the dam - a pile of stones flew from the rocks somewhere beyond the bend. Would know all these people where they now stand. I parked the Yeti a bit further, and then you never know what shhhhh. If you have not been here, go soon, I feel, with the increase in freight traffic collapse everything to hell

What to do in a traffic jam? Usually, people are beginning to wander back and forth trying to figure out what happened. Interesting all

And better to just lie down on a nearby hill with a book. What's the hurry, Georgia and has no nerve boundaries further

In this frame, it seems that the horizon is filled up. But the feeling created through littered with the left edge of the wide gorge. If you look at the ridge of the mountains in the distance - a flat horizon

Police in the mountainous regions of Georgia drives a car of Toyota Hilux, and in the cities - on the Skoda Octavia

And here is the promised plush costumes. It's an epidemic of some sort. A bunch of our people when going somewhere, why something like this dress: thick and thin aunt, men and boys, children - all pets get into sweat pants. Why are you doing this? Carriage fashion some

Wait a long time clearing the dam was not necessary - after 20 minutes all went. Georgians have worked quickly, but a small dam was lucky

Drive is not worth it. At the entrance to the first settlement - Stepantsminda (in 1921-2007 years was called Kazbegi), look to the right. There you will see the majestic Mount Kazbek, whose top 5033, 8 meters. I was lucky with the weather - the top is completely visible. Very often it is hidden in the clouds

At the foot of Mount Kazbek is the famous Gergeti Trinity Church (Gergetis Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi), but before you go to call or go on foot, nice to eat something edible. Despite the fact that the object to only 6, 4 km. The road there is a complex

Cafes around the city looking for a long time, but just went into the first

Situation, to say the least authentic. But this, I came here!

The cafe has one already elderly grandmother, who when I began to prepare for 7lari ordered khachapuri (140 rubles): dough, cheese and all this in the pan. No blanks from the freezer

And here it is - the first of a thousand two hundred and forty three hachapuri I ate this for nearly 2-week trip to Georgia. It is a pity that proved too salty. Cheese, apparently not well steeped for this dish. Or in Kazbegi adopted such a taste, I do not know

The road to the church is not to say that helluva lot of complicated, but very unpleasant: the sharp rocks, large boulders - a great test for geometric permeability and reliability of your car. At the crossover can call, though it must be done very carefully so as not to hurt or what not to tear the tire. Do I need a four-wheel drive? In several places, it is useful to me, would otherwise have to take the difficult sections "swing" with possible consequences for the structural integrity of the car

The most difficult place was about the middle of the lift in the woods - deep gullies. Suspension travel at the Skoda Yeti is small, so the rear wheel at the moment off the ground. It was fun, especially when continued - flew back up another 50 centimeters, because the front right wheel fell into a hole in

However, on a plateau, I climbed. Stunned views here of course

The temple was built XIV century. Near the medieval bell tower

View of the plateau in the direction of Kazbek. People walk hike slaps from the village. And in the distance you can see, the guys break up a small camp for the night. I wrote in the comments, if you want to pray for forgiveness of sins, you have here on my knees to crawl.

Kazbek!

Of course, you have to jump on the backdrop of the majestic mountains. Where do without such a bow. I wonder girl jumping on the background of all the attractions? Tourists of these, by the way, foreigners. There are many of them. Even the Japanese have. Well, or Koreans. I do not know. Or Chinese

The last kilometers of asphalt and begins Cross Pass

Along the way, I pass through the avalanche gallery. What are these structures can be seen on the photo. If you do not want to be carried into the abyss of snow - better call in the gallery

The quality of roads in the spring so-so, but the people quite successfully rides puzoterkah. I myself in the year here on the Jaguar XK Convertible managed to pass. Just as - still do not understand

Before the next avalanche gallery of the mountain beat narzan sources, turning it brown. Heavily mineralized water. Lick the mountain I did not, so what water tastes can not say

And here is the Cross Pass. Suddenly there is a small piece of asphalt

But quickly disappears

One of the main tourist sites on the Georgian Military Highway and excellent specific points - Arch of Friendship of Peoples. Construction set in 1983 in honor of the 200th anniversary of St. George's Covenant of accession of Georgia to Russia

In this frame perfectly all: women in summer slates on his bare feet, sat down in the snow motorcyclist photographed his colleagues. Lots of people are always hanging around

Classic frame for "classmates" and can go further

Ahead of another avalanche gallery, from the roof of which ooze water. Here is a very bad road, so it is necessary to pass as close to the outer edge. Verified repeatedly

At the same time, you can look beyond the gallery and get high

Well, that's all. Then begins the asphalt and serpentine. Paradise for srakerov. Generally, Georgia - one solid streamers. Sochi weeping quietly on the sidelines

Final view toward the Cross Pass by Georgia

Just for the sake of the Georgian Military Highway should go to Georgia. But a small part of all the natural beauty that is in the country.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting