Should I go to the Chinese train?

China - a country where the majority of the usual things traveling works with its specific features and absolutely "not like other people." I usually choose to move around the country the aircraft over long distances, but in China is very strange system of ticket sales. Tariffs are fixed, there are no sales, the rate of back and forth is the cost of "there" + "here," which amounts to half of the working tariff. And only a few days starting selling tickets at discounted prices, the most inconvenient flights can be bought at a discount of 70-80%. But about the flights you can write a separate post-instruction. If you try to take aviabiletbilet from Beijing to Xian usual cost was $ 120, the day before departure at the very first morning (= less convenient in terms of logistics flight) discounted rate was $ 80-90. And the most expensive sleeping the night train $ 50! The choice is clear :) Night in ultrakomfortabelnom train savings on hotel and departure from the city center. Definitely recommended as an alternative to air travel to China!

33 photos via Alexander Cheban

1. China has become for me one of the most interesting countries to travel, and not the least role in this played a very small number of people who speak in English, even in the major metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai, on the outback, I generally keep quiet. The most important thing written in moleskin at Reception at the main objectives for the day in Chinese and then show the recording passersby at the box office, or a taxi driver. Incredibly exciting adventure!

2. Station in Beijing:

3. Another station in Beijing, more Beijin West Railway Station:

4. To get to it, you need to show the taxi driver the name of the recorded station. Travel agencies in the city take a small surcharge for each ticket. Therefore, we felt that it is cheaper to buy a ticket to go to the station.

5. During a trip to China, my Moleskine look something like this:

7. Suburban train from Chengdu to Beijing in 2 h. This class is called Hard Seats, seats left are designed for 3 people, and on the right 2:

11. Station in Chengdu:

13. Thousands of people scurrying to and fro in the hall in Beijing railway station:

14. ... and around nobody speaks in English. That's where the real urban adventure begin :)

15. If you are traveling on a long distance train - come in advance, at least one hour before departure. Since before the release of the platform security and control is going rather big place. On the platform itself will not let the mourners:

16. There are also expected at the exit of the train station, but not on the platform:

17. Beijing-Xi'an:

19. Class «Soft Sleeper», the ticket price of $ 60.

23. Station in Xi'an:

24. Xi'an-Shanghai. Here we have not even looked at the price aviperelet, and immediately took the night train tickets.

28. She has allowed himself to be photographed, but the request made to smile even more unwavering expression:

30. Basins located in a separate compartment in addition to sink in the bathroom:

31. This woman was the only one (!) Person in 10 days, which can be freely (!!) to talk in English on any topic. She studied in Frankfurt, then 10 years worked as a manager at one of the German company, collected the money earned and bought two factories for the production of rubber in China, which employs 400 workers at each of them. He lives in Shanghai and was returning home.

32. And from Shanghai to the airport, we ride on the Maglev, a high-speed train speeds up to 450 km / h, which knocks down low-flying birds, look for a spot of blood on the nose of the train. But it will be a separate report.

I just shared his experience of using rail transport in China and the experience I have is quite small.

Chinese Enjoy your travels!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting