Girl canine: My dogs understand German

Someone interesting train: females or males, how to teach a dog to run commands spoken in a whisper from the other end of the stadium, and how much weight temper suit - in an interview with cynologist Smorgon (Belarus) Dog Training Center of the border service Svetlana Sholomitskaya.

- As a little girl, I, like all children, longed for a dog. But Dad was totally against. He believed that the apartment - not a place for the animal, especially large, and little faith in the fact that I do not burn out, and I will deal with the dog, feed it and walk the ...

13 photos and text
source at the end of

Nothing to do with it, I could not (military dad, this is not disobey!). But I tried to train dogs childhood in his yard, and as soon received his first paycheck, without a moment's hesitation, it spent to buy a German Shepherd puppy! A dream come true, and I eagerly start their own train a puppy, who was named Gucci.

At 9 months, we passed the standards for OKD (general course of training) and MCS (Guard dog) in the first degree. And when I began to participate in the competition with a dog, I realized that working with these animals - my calling. In 2008, I went under contract in the Border Service, moved from his native Grodno Smorgon and we Gucci began his service.

"Since males more difficult, but interesting!»

- Now I'm 27, and in the five years that I have been working dog handlers passed through my hands more than a dozen offices and "civilian" dogs of different breeds (German, Central Asian, Belgian, Alsatian, Labradors, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, Dalmatians and others). All of them are quite large, but you can train your dog absolutely any size and breed. The main thing - it correctly "motivate" find her approach. I myself saw a tiny chihuahua famously carried out all the same, and that my German Shepherd.

As for the sex of the dog, the males are usually more difficult to train than females. But for me personally the difficulties - the interest! Unyielding dog - a kind of puzzle, as in the series "House": I wonder get to the bottom, find the reason why the dog growls, does not perform, and so on, and then fix the problem and train did this " Die Hard "everything what you need.

"Dangerous breeds not, there are irresponsible owners»

- We often lead to train dogs so-called "paysite". And I'm always amazed when people say, "You teach all the dogs, and then I'll come, take away." We teach something, no problem. The problem is that if the owner does not take any part in the process of training your dog, then in 90% of cases it then listen to it and will not. Therefore, we should never be lazy, and as a result you will get not only the best friend who will faithfully look you in the eye, but also sensible counsel, assistant and generally obedient dog.

And it is very important, as the host himself put towards your pet. Perceive the dog as an equal, as a man - a big mistake. In this case, the dog will come in its own way, will sleep on your pillow, and you can not banish it will go ahead of you in the room ... The dog must feel that it - slave and leader in the pack - you. Then to live and build a relationship with the dog will be much easier and simpler.

"My husband and I - family crazy dog ​​lover»

- My husband Sasha - canine too. He came to us in Brampton from Brest on training. In the three months that he mastered the local school dog training tricks warrant search of explosives and weapons, we managed to make friends, understand that both are in love with dogs without memory, and then just fall in love with each other. Six months later, he was transferred specially for me in Brampton, and two years later we were married. Pulled the wedding for obvious for dog, but quite amusing to the casual observer reason: puppies were small, it was necessary to look after them, and preparing for the wedding would take up all the time ...

Incidentally, in addition to those already living in our apartment German Shepherd Bern we have recently acquired another, and 3-month-old shepherd Bagheera. And her husband remark about the fact that we ought to have to think about the children, I have to answer that it is necessary to wait until Bagheera older. She is also a small child, only four-legged!

"In the eight years of the dog - already retired ...»

- It's best to start to train dogs from an early age - as early as 1, 5-2 months. We are engaged in such babies in the maternity ward: train named, accustomed to the collar and leash, play with a ball, etc. And we, the dog handlers, already give 4-month-old puppies. From this moment we are with them - one team.

Personally for me attached two dogs: my personal Bern (he spends the night at my house, and every day we go with him to the office, where we are from 9 to 18 hours) and Hep - he lives in a cage together with other dogs. By nature they are completely different: Bern softer and does not like harsh treatment: prikriknesh - immediately bends down to the ground. To him I have one approach, while Hep - more rigid, opinionated and your team can easily make the expression of the muzzle, as if saying: "Well, Th? .." - And this dog has a completely different approach.

My dogs know how much. Bern, for example - one of the few dogs that have learned to command language show. This, of course, assumes no practical use, but it looks very funny and comes in handy during some circus, performances for children, charity events in orphanages. Guys are laughing.

But my first dog - Gucci (last year it was not) - was just a pool of talent! What did I, a novice dog handler, it is not tried! Obstacle in difficulty, flying under the helicopter in limbo on demonstrations, jumping circles with fire ...

I have it understood Russian and German teams (Bern, I also learned German - is to ensure that they were not commanded, and he who got to listen only to me), but rather one of specialization, was trained around: and on the trail to go, and drugs seek, and weapons and explosives ... To all my team, even spoken in a whisper, he reacted instantly! We were not in some competition prizes occupied ...

I present my dogs as "torment": leave at one end of the stadium, leaving itself to another, and from there a whisper commands. And if you really want to get the reward (for each is something personal: a treat, toy, stroking ...) - somehow manage to hear!

If the dog is at home in the handler, he gets her "salary" - that is, ration - 300 thousand. Of course, it is very small. Only on food (good) per month takes about half a million.

About 8 years (and sometimes, for health reasons, and before) the dog has retired. After the cancellation of shaggy colleagues take back any dog ​​breeders themselves, either willingly take other services and organizations, and sometimes civilians. Give the dog, of course, difficult, but if you know what it takes in good hands and that she will be able to show the excellent work that the soul becomes calmer. For example, brought me a dog successfully serve on the border, at checkpoints, customs ...

Are we to visit them? No, it's a bad idea: extra stress to the animal. Dogs that have, for whatever reason, often changing the instructor, very experienced. They may develop a neurosis and nerves begin to get out wool (eczema). It was well on my experience: I month absence from duty, come: and my dog ​​is half bald with grief ...

To learn how to become a cop can
Kent
- Our Dog Training Center has its own nursery, where a year about 80-90 puppies are born. Each year, they need to call a particular letter, which is approved by the authorities. This year, for example, we have the letter "P". Try to come up with as many nicknames euphonious and beautiful! Without brainstorming with relatives and friends sometimes can not do. In one of the last years we have had nicknames starting with 'M', because one dog called smear. I do not know whether or not then caught in his life hares ... And then we had a cop. Prank call. And then the dog took to himself a customs officer. Well, he was uncomfortable somehow call the dog. Had to rename a close sounding Kent. Sounds almost the same, but as far as the opposite meaning! ..

No woman is a thing? Very feminine!

In general, the profession handler was originally predominantly male. But now we have the salary is not the highest, so women in recent years are more likely to dog handlers in men. Here, of course, has its own specifics. Women are more fragile, so difficult for us to work with the dogs capture different parts of the body in the temper suit. Even a man, having run in this "space suit", weighing 15 kg in the heat for about five minutes - already almost fainted does not fall, what can we say about the girls! .. So often to train the hands to grip, putting a special "sleeve." But his dog, which weighs about as myself, raise your hands - this trick is used in demonstrations.

Well, in general, some believe that we, women, their dogs in a sense too the ball. Well, we can not without emotion! Many caress dogs, iron, entertained more tasty, indulgent treat to the fact that some of them do not like to eat in splendid isolation in his cage ... And generally refers to the wards as the children. But the return on a great dog!

I not only that girl, so still and not very tall, so if I leave the dog at the border, for example, when a call to find drugs, suspects can be begin to grin and hem. They say, too, I like scary. But when I give a dog trained to capture his groin, the command: "Protect!" And she pulled at attention and not take his eyes from the place where, if anything, immediately rush, all giggles immediately terminated.

Occupation handler - it is not just "run with a dog» ...

In general offensive statements about our profession we hear sometimes from fellow soldiers. Like, easy service: with a dog run and still get paid for it!

In fact, it is not the easiest job, and there are many of its nuances. Puppies, for example, you need five times a day to feed, from 4 to 7 times to walk, get up every day an hour earlier than he would have to work and go to bed an hour later, in time to even walk your dog. And in any weather, be it rain, snow, heat to 40 degrees. It is not surprising that the dog handlers from the constant running and walking occupational diseases - a varicose and thrombophlebitis (here I am at 27 already go to the hospital with the same problem).

In addition, if you are canine, you can not go anywhere, even on the day, not to mention travel. Or anywhere you need to take your dog with you. If something happens on the border: the dog does something took injured or, God forbid, killed - you are to blame.

Well, besides without biting at us, of course, also can not do. But I do not get tired of repeating that if a dog bites - always blame people. Or the one who provoked, or host, which is not just encouraged, something not taught ... It was such that I was bitten and when I rushed to separate grappled dogs. But my first reaction after a sting was: "Most dog stitches in hospital !!!»

"Salary for me - not the main thing!»

- Not too high a salary - it is certainly sad, but for me it is not important. I love my job immensely, every morning I fly, as if on wings. There's a dog !!! And the way they meet you with joy in his eyes, as petted and wag their tails - this is happiness! Maybe someday my dream come true to open a private school and canine will earn more, but in the fact that my life is forever linked with the dogs - I am absolutely sure. Without them, I'm just damn!

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting