Pere Lachaise Cemetery

Do not visit the Pere Lachaise cemetery (Pere-Lachaise) in Paris just can not. Here many will find something interesting. Photographers - beautiful angles, art lovers - the graves of heroes, romance will simply walk through the streets of the necropolis, which sometimes can get lost.

At first, I planned a quick run through the cemetery to visit the graves of celebrities, but when you get over the fence, I realized that we can not rush. The graves of Edith Piaf and Jim Morrison, Parisian legends Oscar Wilde's tombstone, which many are willing to kiss. Finally, the burial of the composer Chopin, whose music was the last for many who lies here: he is the author's Funeral March. And much more. Today - the largest and most beautiful cemetery in Paris.

27 photos. Author: Alexey Kulikov

C weather for shooting out of luck, but to walk in such a place - that is necessary. Overcast, the wind howled between the tombstones, with a thud closing doors open crypts, sometimes it begins to rain. At Pere Lachaise is always a lot of people, but you can see the weather all frightened. The better

Family vaults. Everyone is different, the same is not found. At some moment in the crypt sits right black rook, but do not have time to take it off, flew

"Pere Lachaise (Pere-Lachaise)» translated as "father Lachaise." The name comes from the priest François de la Sheza, confessor of Louis XIV. There was whether his house, or he founded a monastery. Cemetery appeared a little later - the land under the graves, Napoleon ordered to allocate

But Parisians then bury relatives in the distant outskirts of the city stubbornly refused. Who wants to travel far? Then was held a PR stunt: here "addicted" the remains of deceased celebrities, including Moliere and Beaumarchais. Stroke perfectly acted, now here lies a lot of people. Crypts are often signed by the last name. Moss on the roof adds color and romance

I must say, the condition of many of the crypts is not the best. Many open, broken plates

Garbage lying

Here, the smell of a public toilet

Outside, too, sometimes sad

There are stained glass windows broken. Many more burial of the last century, to care for them have no one

Look first at the graves of celebrities, then simply loop through the streets. The only dumping, which does not come close - Jim Morrison. As you know, the leader of The Doors died in Paris in 1971 under mysterious circumstances.

The adjacent crypt adapted for "wall Morrison." Well, as without the famous «Light My Fire» («Light My Fire") from their debut album The Doors. Ironically, it was the same and the last song performed by Jim scene

Edith Piaf

Music by Frédéric Chopin was the last for many people lying here. He is the author of "Piano Sonata № 2", part of which was a funeral march. Under it is buried, and the composer himself

Oscar Wilde's tombstone with a flying sphinx. Parisians love to tell a legend that anyone who kisses it will never lose my love. As a result, began a pilgrimage to the tomb and sarcophagus covered with a huge layer of lipstick

More - more. Previously, the sphinx was also a sexual organ. And if the girl kissed the tombstone, the gays do not hesitate to use him. There is even talk about sex. As a result, the sphinx castrated and tombstone itself decided to glaze

Here you can see a familiar monument to our eyes. In memory of Russian, members of the French Resistance during the Second World

In general, the Russian trace in the cemetery noticeable. The grave of some emigrant crowned Orthodox dome around all planted birches

Many tombstones moss

Nobody around. More precisely, there are a lot of people, but they have a slightly different state

How can there be cool autumn with fog!

More buried in the cemetery of Honore de Balzac, Marcel Proust, Maria Callas, Gertrude Stein, Nestor Makhno, Marcel Marceau, Sarah Bernhardt, Isadora Duncan, Joseph Gay-Lussac, Gioacchino Rossini, Georges Bizet, Yves Montand. All you will not manage)

Many shy even aloud to talk about cemeteries, I think that is a big part of the city that can not be circumvented. Especially when there is so much famous people. Such places can not only remember lying there, but a lot to think about, not in a hurry, take the right decision and TP

In fact, many Parisians come here to walk. Pere Lachaise - one of the biggest green oasis in the city, and to some extent become a park

Cemetery huge, all bypass will take several hours. During this time completely forget that you are in one of the largest cities in the world

Around the silence, heard only the sound of wind and rain. And sad at the same time a great place

27, the last

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting