If it were possible to rewind time back, he

How often do we meet in life that unsettling? We rush on the road paved by us from year to year, not knowing that people can live differently. And when we encounter something unusual, lost, surprised, and often - get a charge of optimism, in other words looking at themselves, their own lives. Marine, which is on the back, as a child, a young beautiful woman. Every day you can see this?

History of Jesse and Kelly Cottle Texas is unusual from the beginning.

They met in San Diego in the swimming competition. Kelly took part in them, and Jess ... Jess just came to see. Beautiful swimmer in the past, now he can not even get in the water.

6 photos and text

"Jess just really interested me - says Kelly. - He was unlike the others. And it was in his manner of speaking, to behave and not to his feet ».

And what about your feet? They have no Jesse. He moves on metal prostheses. That "the publication" was for him one of the first in the new legs. Very good yield. In September last year, Jesse and Kelly were married. He was 28, she 24. Wonderful age, a whole life ahead. But recently it seemed all over for him.

The same "one time" sapper

In the ranks of the Marine Jesse Cottle joined 10 years ago. All this time was a sapper. Very good sapper, but they happen to be wrong. In 2009 in Afghanistan, Jesse Cottle life changed forever when he, after five hours of combing the area stepped on a landmine.

Moment of the explosion was captured on camera

"If I had not stepped on the mine, I never would have met with Kelly" - says Jesse

Moment of the explosion was captured on a video camera, which was attached to the helmet partner Jesse. But he remembers it all in great detail, as is always in mind. He remembers how he was thrown into the air - has no legs. He remembers how the whole body numb at first, and then came the terrible pain. Already at home in the States, he underwent several operations.

"Jess hero not because he stepped on the mine - says photographer Sara Ledford, author of the acclaimed image. - His heroism is a positive attitude to life, how he scrip deal with his misfortune has befallen »

Everything will be fine

"At first it was extremely difficult - he said. - It was painful and difficult. But I always somehow knew that no matter how difficult, then it will be easier. Perhaps this confidence and helped me to stand up, not to break down. Besides, I have a family and loyal friends who were with me, until I came to myself, I learned to live and walk again. And now I'm happy. I live a normal life again, I'm married to a wonderful woman ».

Jesse says that if it were possible to rewind time back, it still would have stepped on the mine: "It is no accident happened, I hardly would have met Kelly."

Family album
Recently, the pair traveled to Idaho to parents Kelly. They invited the photographer, decided to organize a family photo shoot. In the end, someone suggested to be photographed standing in the river. But what about Jesse? In metal prostheses in water can not. No problems for the faithful wife, "I said," Take off your feet and climbs on my back, and that will take pictures. " Pre nobody planned it all out of itself "- says Kelly.

Again explosion. At this time, Facebook
Photographer Sara Ledford stayed so pretty pictures that could not resist and put it on a page on Facebook with the caption: "The most. Wonderful. Couple. All the time. " I place and forgotten. Could she imagine what the reaction will cause this shot ...

"What happened on my page, unbelievable - Ledford said. - Collapsed real barrage of comments and likes. I just was not able to keep track of them ».

Photo received thousands of likes, comments, and hundreds of the census. America fell in love with Jesse and Kelly.

Honour and joy

They are, to put it mildly, surprised fell down on their fame. "Of course, I am delighted that our story was such a success, but we do not count on it - says Jess. - For me, this picture is important because it is a symbol of our relationship with his wife. In the photo she keeps me physically, but in life - always supported emotionally. This is the best portrait of Kelly, you can imagine ».

Spouses and glad that their example can inspire spirits and help a lot of other couples who find themselves in a similar situation and dropped his hands from fatigue and despair. "We feel as though their representatives - said Jess, and it is - a great honor for both of us».

The whole family assembled

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting