Thunder in Paradise or Chang island in the rainy season

Some information: Chang Island (or Koh Chang) - is a small island in the Gulf of the South China Sea, belonging to Thailand, the island area of ​​215 square meters. km and a population of about 6,000 people. The tourist infrastructure began to develop in the Chang relatively recently - in 2001. The island is a national park, so the development of the island controls the special state structure. Tall buildings here, like all hotels are entered into the surrounding landscape. 80% of the island is covered by mountains overgrown jungle. The rainy season is from May to November, and the greatest amount of precipitation falls here in August, September and October.
During this period, more precisely in the first decade of October 2013 my wife and I a week vacationing in this heavenly place. We traveled here from Pattaya. Bother buying tickets for bus, ferry, bus transfers from the ferry, the ferry by taxi we did not want, so we ordered a transfer from hotel to hotel in local firm of which is complete. The price of issue of the order of 1000-1500 rubles. per person round trip. Go about 250 km or 5-6 hours by land in a comfortable minivan and 30 minutes here on this ferry.

It will be about 50 photos.

That's the view of Koh Chang greets us.

The island has several populated beaches. We were near the pier. Its local name of Haad Sai Khao, a farang his name is White Sand Beach. This is the longest (about 6 km) and the most popular beach on Koh Chang. The truth is in the rainy season the sand is almost always wet and therefore is not white.

Photo 4

Photo 5. Coconut palm trees with fallen

Photo 6

Photo 7

Photo 8

Photo 9

Photo 10. These are then found affordable bungalows (live mostly Europeans), but there are modern hotels.

Photo 11

Photo 12

Photo 13

Photo 14

Photo 15

Photo 16

Photo 17. My wife and I have lived here in this hotel

Photo 18

Photo 19

Photo 20. These are the patterns make small crabs

Photo 21

Photo 22

Weather in the rainy season is unpredictable and changeable. During the day may be the sun, then abruptly descend clouds and to drizzling rain, then again to look out the sun, and then suddenly "without a declaration of war" recoil tropical downpour as if someone is in heaven, opened the tap, and in half an hour as abruptly closed . But it is very warm, even at night in the rain the temperature does not drop below + 24 28 32 and in the afternoon, the water in the sea + 28 for hosting us on the island of the week was mostly cloudy, every day were short and not intensive rains and showers were mainly at night. Enjoy the gentle sea and the incredible beauty of the tropical nature, which in this period is called "in the juice", as well as to enjoy the local food, improve their health with the help of Thai massage the weather does not interfere. Less rainy season - is that you can not plan the trip, especially the sea. Agree to sail to neighboring islands in the rain, having paid money for it, somehow not comme il faut. And besides, the sea, and sometimes worries.
Photo 23.

Photo 24

Photo 25

Photo 26 local teenagers in the evenings on the beach playing football

However, on their own, you can visit the waterfalls, of which there are several on the island, a fishing village on the water, take a ride through the jungle on elephant back or on quad bikes. Getting around the island is possible by renting a motorbike (from 150 rub. / Day), but it takes skill and experience. The road is quite narrow, often goes through the mountains and is steep descents, climbs and sharp turns. Add to this almost always wet asphalt and unusual for us to drive on the left. In short, I did not dare, so we traveled by taxi - in the back of a pickup truck (tuk-tuk). Prices are quite divine, negotiable.
Photo 27.

Photo 28

Photo 29. Monkey Island feel quite thriftily

Photo 30.

Photo 31.

The largest waterfall in Chiang called Klong Plu. Go up to it will have more than 500 meters down a narrow and wet trail through the jungle.
Photo 32.

Photo 33.

Photo 34.

The fishing village of Bang Bao. There restaurants with seafood and away for boats to the other islands of the archipelago Mu Koh Chang.
Photo 35

Photo 36

Photo 37

Photo 38

Photo 39

The main advantage of the rainy season - is the lack of crowds and low prices (starting from 200 rub. / Day). Even on the most popular beach visitors farang is not much. Restaurants, cafes and bars with the girls and "not-quite-girls" (yes, there is a small branch of the "red light district") is almost empty. The waiters, masseuses, musicians, and even a bar-girls know you in person, and then by name and greet you, even outside of work. And in the far corners of the beach at all no one there and you can swim naked, without fear, to become the "star of YouTube's».
Photo 40

Photo 41

Photo 42

Photo 43

Photo 44

Photo 45

Photo 46

Photo 47

Photo 48. Here you can remove the girls and "not-quite-girls»

It is difficult to put into words, but there is some soulful, home-like atmosphere, the feeling of continuing harmony is said to Thais - Sanuki and Saba! My wife and I fell in love with this island. Madly I did not want to leave him. But everything comes to an end.
Photo 49

Photo 50. It's very beautiful sunsets.

After a week spent on the peaceful island, we returned to New Babylon, the city of sin Pattaya. Even in the low season, it is noisy, crowded and fun, especially noticeable after Chang. I love Pattaya, but that's another story.

Posted in [mergetime] 1382510060 [/ mergetime]
That's all I wanted to say!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting