Heavy names

In every man's life there comes a time when it seems that everything went crazy.

I have this moment comes every time I hear that someone of your friends had a baby. Of course, it is not in the child, and the name of that creative parents conspire against his child. Yes, in most cases it is just that - it seems that as soon as he was born, his mother and father immediately want to put it in the corner, but due to the fact that he still can not stand, they just give him a disgusting name. Because of the desire to mock.

It is no secret that fashion is cyclical names. For example, I was in a class of 5 and 4 Sergei Len, but now, in my opinion, this evil has reached a truly impressive scale. And this despite the fact that people can always go to Google, the goal, "the most popular names in this year", and delete all of them. But no, why? Let our daughter Sophia is the tenth in the classroom! It's funny, they will call each other by name, because they have the same names. Mari freak so much that, it seems, a new generation of parents as it is justified for the 70 years of Soviet unpopularity of the name. Well, if you do not have Maria and Sofia, the conclusion is obvious: your daughter's name is Eva. Bingo!

Among boys, popular names of the Evangelists. I do not know why, but the abundance of Markov amazing. There is a version that is the most popular gospel, because it is the simplest and most just read through it. Perhaps the popularity of the name had something to do with the re-evangelization of our country, I do not know. Brothers Mark also present - Matvey with bows in a variety inhabit the sandbox, and Ivanov and always had enough. Well, Nikita finally receded into the background, giving the palm Arsenio and Bogdanov.

But this is, in fact, does not matter. There is nothing wrong to want to be like everyone else. Much worse when the parents want to give the child some special name. Well, special, you know. Why it does not take into account the existence in our culture, middle, and dissonant, often their own names - a big mystery. But I think people simply overestimate themselves. When they call the daughter Francesca and Jessica, maybe they think that it will soon be married to an Englishman and leave to live in Sussex and there will be Jessica Palmer - a lot better than Lyudmila Palmer or Valentine Palmer. Yes, definitely. But while she - Jessica Andreevna Skubko, and a minimum of 20 years, she will have to live with it, you think about it?

Or the other extreme, it is also very popular: the old names. Slavic there, or Greek, but such, that blew mold books and amulets. For example, Arkhipov. What should a child to get a name? Here is an innocent little lump, for you it so? Was he born with a stick? He was born with a beard, he looked at you bleary-eyed, and said, "in our times was not like this!", And you will - "and, yes it is Arkhipov, of course!". Or Svetozar. You know that everyone will call him light? Or Svetozavrom, if not laziness. Many justify this naming presence in the foggy history of a parent of the same name. Look farther into the past, the more ancestors - they grow there, in the darkness, in a geometrical progression. You could not choose anything less idiotic? My great-grandmother called blast furnace, for example. Domna Ivanov, and I'll never know at what stage of meningitis I have to call my daughter Domna.

You know, I tell you about the strange names tell you what. There was only one time in my life when it worked. I have a friend named Agnes Loic. It's a girl from Minsk, and this is her real name. When I ran into her the first time, all together - first and last name so I liked that, and I went all day, like a secret baby spell repeating: agniyaloyka, agniyaloyka. I do not know who her parents are, but it's brilliant! It seems that if you repeat it long enough, it will materialize in the room box of chocolates and a cloud of cotton candy. So, Amanda Petrenko do not sound.
But all this stuff. The most terrible thing - it is a double name. Tell me what you're thinking at all when doing this? You think this is some kind of Western European charm? Maria Stefania S. Kosenko. And well even if just Kosenko! And in fact in such families like to have a double surname: Maria Stefania S. Kosenko-Pavlyuk. How much beauty in one person! At the same time it is clear that it will simply call Mary, so to whom you vyebyvaetsya? The passport before? Or do you think that around that name themselves overbuilt family castle, a flock of lackeys and servile closed private school? No, you still live in Khrushchev in Selidovo with parents. With normal parents and Karina Cristina Alekseyevna beetles Stetsenko. Stetsenko - this is a wonderful name, certainly need to preserve it for posterity. Or here's another - I had a friend who called the daughter of Anna Nicole, I swear to you! I do not know what he expected, but obviously not at her husband with the surname Smith.

The only thing that surprises me is infinite - is that despite the popularity of healthy lifestyle, tantric Buddhism, well, that's all this, no one calls Brahmachari children or Parvati. While there, I had one friend who called the daughter of Maria Ganga and she, by the way, there were problems with social workers. But why only she - that is the question.

I kind of understand why this is happening. With the names of all somehow wrong - so few of them, and the people so much, and all of these our names-names by sound so pathetic and monotonous, if you read aloud the multiplication table. It is difficult to give your child an ordinary unique name that is 40 million people only in this historic moment. But even middle name! - This disgusting terry vestige of patriarchy, it is not clear how to get rid of him. Why middle name, after all, not motherhood? This is so unfair, given the gender imbalance in our families, in fact often the only thing that leaves the child to the father, instead of love, education, money manuals, here above all, the only thing that reminds of it - it's middle name. And in this case it would be quite fair, if the child was not Maksimovic, for example, and Svetlanovich. Child Svetlanovich - this is easier to accept than Francesca Stepanovna, or just my imagination?

In any case, I have no prescription - how to overcome the generic name and does not make your child look like a moron with tunnels and a tattooed face. Rather, there is, but you do not like, like all such proposals, it is good in theory, and neither you nor I never will use. I mean, we all read in childhood stories about Indians, and all of us hit their ability to naming. And in general, very sorry that we have not learned from them this art, and until now, has been for many centuries call their children names monotonous and boring, do not reflect absolutely nothing.

Source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting