Jamaica

About Jamaica accurately wrote tema:

"Since childhood sounding in my head the song" Yamaaaaaaaaayka, Yamaaayka "painted a picture of a distant, romantic, hot island somewhere overseas. They smoke marijuana sing reggae, they all go in knitted caps in the colors of the flag, drinking cocktails and swimming.

Yeah, dick there.

Big asses than Jamaica still need to search. Jamaica - the sister of Haiti, there is a fucked up, torn, mess, trash and waste. Here next to the sea is a cement plant and a prison, and decent people live somewhere in the depths. At night the streets are normal people do not go. The sights and architecture is not here, the usual rectangular American construction.

And at the end of the scene unfolded in front of me: a scourge that killed rolls in the trash cart to trade hot dogs at some terrible wheels, and a passerby on the street in terror running from a rabid stray dogs. »
54 photo by Ilya Varlamov

In the end he found a rock and somehow they scared

Flies to Jamaica!

In Jamaica, the beautiful green hills

The capital, largest city and port of the country, is the city of Kingstown. The capital is more than 580 thousand people. Center Kingstown looks:

Several high office buildings and colonial buildings.

Offices

In the center of the brightly colored buildings all advertising. Judging by the abundance of barbed wire, are restless.

All that remains of the former greatness.

Jamaica is very similar to some godforsaken African country. Dirt nischita, everything fell apart, no one works, all in Africa. Only Jamaica is at the other end of the world.

The streets in the center.

Public transport is represented by buses and minibuses. In the final each minibus surround hucksters and start vparivat of junk.

Market.

The official language of the country is English, but the majority of the residents speak with each other in the language of Patois. This English-African creole language, understand his untrained person is almost impossible. And ordinary Jamaican English is very hard to take.

About Jamaican fashion will be a separate post.

Famous Jamaican truck. It's all such. Make sure the car steering wheel, he runs the ropes through the front wheels. Behind the right is the brake - is made from pieces of old tires. Wheels also homemade - rubber strips nailed to the wooden disc. These trucks have each merchant.

The police are riding bicycles. In the center of the police in general a lot, especially in the slums. In the slums seen war, unfortunately not removed, they are a very nervous :)

On the roads, too many police. After Christmas all tested for booze.

Along the road are selling coconuts

Children

A lot of old men with white beards. In Africa, do not wear a beard, but here right at every second gray beard. Very unusual.

In the central square bustling.

It formed a spontaneous market. All captured by traders.

Sell ​​as usual and as everywhere, all the junk.

. Why not Africa?

Probably the main difference from the godforsaken African countries - is the bright colors. In Jamaica, all painted in bright colors.

A lot of homeless

author in the eyes of Jamaican -bukvalno

Bob Marley - Jamaica's business card. I went to the house-museum of Bob Marley. It turns out «Do not Worry, Be Happy» not his song, and Bobby McFerrin. And all my life I thought of it. I'm the only one, perhaps? Not for nothing has gone to Jamaica.

In the area where I was born and raised Bob every second working guide. Tour to places of Fame famous musician is $ 30. For the money you allocate stoned junkie that husky voice will tell moving stories from the life of Bob. "When I govorb about Bob, before my eyes appear tears! I remember him as a boy, we went together to school! "Despite the fact that if Bob was alive, he would be almost 70 years old, all he is remembered" as a boy »

The administration of the museum. 'Smoke can now be expanded and patience. " Marijuana smoke free here almost everything, as we have cigarettes. Although it is officially banned, but smoking is allowed. The smell of marijuana here everywhere, even in Amsterdam, this is not.

The museum is a collection of all the junk from the landfill. Here, the most valuable exhibit. Minibus Volkswagen, which rolled Bob Marley. All other exhibits about the same condition.

The room of a musician.

In Kingstown surprisingly clean. All garbage is thrown into one place, where it then taken away trucks. On the streets and in the courtyards almost cleanliness

As befits Africa, Jamaica, nobody does anything.

Streets district, where Bob grew up. Notice how cleanly.

Or, some slums. Not a single piece of paper. Just like in Singapore.

. They say it's dangerous. But today, the military conducted any raid, so that all hid in the houses and the streets were deserted and quiet.

Kingstown really is a very poor, the collapsed town. But it is necessary to climb the nearest hill, offers a very different picture. All the rich people live on the hill.

Here expensive home, flowers, palm trees and tranquility.

Quite a different life.

Beauty

Fishermen.

Pelicans wait when they give unwanted fish.

Catch dinner becomes

To not go to downtown, -
There could easily kill! -
We said so frankly.
The pool changing bodies and persons,
Yes pig squealing girls, -
Here are all the fucking thing I remember about Jamaica.
© Victor darker 1970s

And we do everything
forward to continuing the story of Jamaica tomorrow

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting