Visiting Agafia Lykova

On Yap already as it was told about Agafya Lykova, its way of life in isolation. So I want to share with you about it again in 2014.

Agatha is the only survivor of a large family of hermits, the Old Believers, found by geologists in 1978 in the Western Sayan. Lykov family lived in isolation since 1937. For years hermits tried to protect the family from the influence of the environment, particularly with regard to faith.

34 photos + text.

The primary purpose of the flight was in the taiga Khakass traditional flood protection - a survey of snow reserves in the upper reaches of the river Abakan. Agafya Lykova stopped briefly.

Together with the experts MOE flying doctor and staff reserve "Khakassia", which have long been familiar with Agafia and actively help her. This time Agafia brought food and rescuers helped with the housework: dragged firewood, water, etc.

City Abaza top.

Village of Arbat

The Arbat, we made a short stop, we sat down to another member of the reserve. He was posting to Agafi from Tomsk. It would not have blamed Russian Post, but the parcels and letters as you see, even go to such remote places. Just write on the premise Abakan directorate reserve "Khakassia" and in the "recipient" - Agafya Lykova (hermit living on a section of the reserve)

Most of the way our flight took place in the gorge, through which flows the river Abakan. You fly, and the two sides mountains covered with dense forest. By the way, the snow in the headwaters of Abakan this year turned out to be relatively few.

Arrived. Chassis helicopter went into a deep powdery snow and the car stood on its belly. First came the reserve staff. Their Agatha knows why the rest of the guests, she reacted with confidence. Rescuers were unloaded from a helicopter brought supplies and helped staff reserve transfer cargo from the shore to the hut, located on a high bank. Then took up the wood. Harvested fuel needed to move out of the woods to the house - the old woman is no longer able to do.

Neighbor Agafi - Erofei Sedov. His small hut is located about fifty meters from the house Lykova. Erofei almost all his life in Abaza, worked as a geologist. Familiar with the Lykov family since 1979. He told me that in 1988 even helped bury the head of the family - Karp Lykov. Even in old age Erofei lost his right foot, then in 1997 he moved into the forest, and has since lived in the neighborhood with Agafia.

Yerofei have a son who lives in Tashtagol. A couple of times a year to visit his father's son flies a helicopter with the experts who examine the area after the launch of "Proton" (Zaimka within the territory where the fall-stage rocket launched from Baikonur)

Hut Agafia Lykova

Notes on the front door with a warning to intruders. He writes and speaks Agatha in Old Slavonic

While rescuers helped with firewood, Agafea visited an emergency room physician. From a detailed examination of Abakan she refuses, reluctantly left by the tablet takes - often treated with herbs.

Icons in a house Lykova. Life in a fairly simple and straightforward.

Around beauty, silence and clean air. World Agafia Lykova no more than one square kilometer on the one hand Erinat rough river, on the other - the steep mountains and impenetrable forests stretching to the horizon. Just to the north Agafea bit away from his hut and reach the meadows where she cuts the grass and branches for his goats

I did not understand how to Zaimka dogs. On a chain around the house sits Vityulka, but I thought a bit further still someone barks ...

But cats are about twenty. They're in the forest before emboldened that, according to Erofeev, even snakes crushed.

Cats on Zaimka quickly multiply and everything coming necessarily available kittens. At this time of the "cat in zaplatochkah" we refused)

The barn, which holds two goats recluse.

Agatha Karpovna complained that the goats in the winter do not give milk, without milk it bad. Reserve staff immediately called our colleagues from the Kemerovo region, which are also planning to visit the hermit in the coming days, and asked them to namorozit whole milk. Powdered milk, condensed milk, and another store packaged products taezhnitsa does not accept and does not eat. Especially its frightening image of the bar code.

I expected to see at Zaimka many old and improvised things, but I was disappointed. All life long ago already is equipped in a modern way, all too civilized utensils - the enameled buckets, pots. Agafya in the house even has a chopper and outdoor thermometer weighs. The only thing I caught the eye of old things (besides icons) - birchbark basket, bucksaw and forged ax

Agatha Lykov was very sociable woman, but she never looked directly at the camera.

The good-natured and strict Agafea Yerofei little in common. They greet each other, but rarely speak. They have a conflict on the basis of religion, and Erofei not ready to follow the rules Agafi. He believes, but does not realize that God may have against canned in metal banks, why foam - a devilish thing, and why the fire in the stove should be only inflame torch, not lighter.

Memorable photos with reserve staff, rescue officers and crew of the helicopter. Agatha was very grateful to us for help and attention.

Within a radius of 250 kilometers there is no one except Yerofei and Agafi. None of them seemed unhappy.
Agatha Lykov, "I want to die here. Where do I go? I do not know whether to keep anywhere else in the world are Christians. Chances are, many of them left. "

Posted in [mergetime] 1391081860 [/ mergetime]
PS On Zaimka Lykova I shot a little video. Ilya, thanks for the installation! ©

That's all, thank you and nice view !!!

This information shared Denis Mukimov

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting