Little stars - Adelina Sotnikova.

When the world saw Julia Lipnica in the team competition - all the attention fixed upon her. Many were impressed by the talent of 15-year-old athlete and believe that the fate of the gold in the women's figure skating is predetermined. But then the world did not know that in Russia there is another little star - Adelina Sotnikova.
10 photos and facts via bigsochi

1. Adelina Sotnikova - 17-year-old Muscovite - started skating at age 4, at the rink "Southern" about the house, in the usual district section of figure skating. At its first session, she came without skates - my mother could not believe that the baby immediately put on ice

2. My mother dreamed that her daughter was engaged in the music itself, Adeline would love the ballet. However, in parallel with the figure skating she started practicing rhythmic gymnastics and more, until it was time to choose. And with ballet decided not to get involved - too large load, even in comparison with the sport.

3. Adeline - a true prodigy. Just 12 years old, she has already won her first adult championship of Russia 2009. By the way, the same thing at one time and made her coach - Elena Buyanova (Vodorezova). However, unlike their manager, Adeline could not in the same year go to international competitions because of the restrictions imposed on the minimum age of participants.

4. In spite of all the time-consuming and power sports, young champion of Russia still had to go to school. My favorite subjects were Adeline algebra and physics: "Figure skating - it's there and physics, so that to me is a very useful science."

5. The man who most strongly influencing her career, Adeline calls her younger sister Masha, experience health problems. "I really want to help her sister, and must earn money. To some extent, this is one of the factors that keeps me in the sport at the turning points, "- says the now Olympic champion.

6. 14 February 2012 Adeline was awarded the title "Master of Sports of Russia International Class" - after the third (of four) victory at the Russian Championship and the silver medal at the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Innsbruck, Austria.

7. skater does not have much to worry about her figure, as it is almost indifferent to sweet and prefers vegetables, especially cooked carrots. This is very atypical for the children the love Adelina since kindergarten.

8. Adeline loves to surf the Internet, chat, and Vkontakte is Instagram (http://instagram.com/adelinasotnikova). In addition, among hobby champion - visit cinemas and theaters.

9. Choice of Adeline idols in skating is rather unusual - a French skaters Brian Joubert and Stephane Lambiel, and Japanese Miki Ando and Mao Asada, who also spoke in Sochi, but took only second place.

10. And the first in the history of Russia, Olympic champion in the women's figure skating prefers to act under the last one, according to his mother's best friend, and plans to become a coach.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting