Why do our children need to learn to perfectly

For me, as for many other people, university studies took place with the firm conviction that assessment decide everything.

Teachers and parents are told that the high performance open to you the doors of this world. High score - is the key to a successful life.

And I blindly believed their words ...

I remember a time when I was studying bring themselves to half-dead state, just in order to get a high score on the exam.

And it seemed to me that it all makes sense, but now ... I would not want my child to study as hard as once his father.

It sounds strange, but now I will explain my position.

1. No one has ever asked me about my estimates

No employer was never interested in my marks in the university!

None of the resume I have not met the Count, "progress", but all, without exception, was a must - «experience».

Even more surprising is the fact that my computer skills and athletic achievements give me more "weight" when applying for a new job than five in the test book.

2. I forgot everything taught at the University of

My memory is arranged in an exceptional way, I forgot all the material immediately after the exam. When I first came to practice, I realized that, for all the years of study at the university, nothing I have not learned.

And although my assessment saying the opposite, in my mind was a complete mess, scraps of knowledge that I did not know how and where to apply.

As it turned out, 5 years of university studies in the fine did not give me any advantage over other "less" educated.

Ultimately, only the first 2 months of practice, I "picked up" more useful knowledge and gained more skills than in the previous 5 years the pursuit of good grades.

So was it worth so tense all these years?

3. "good marks" for my health

If someone can grasp all the "on the fly", I am not one of those people. In order to "invest" in their head knowledge, I had to "cram" the material by heart. Before the session I was at 12 to 15 hours a day. I remember, as a "disconnected" in the pairs and in public transport, because it strongly enough sleep.

Because chronic fatigue decreased my productivity, knowledge of it out of his head, his hands "were not working" day passed in a blur.

Today, I am surprised his perseverance, persistence and perseverance - through the power to force yourself to do something from which you sick. And somehow I am sure that he could not repeat the "feat" again.

4. I do not have time for other people

At the university, I had plenty of opportunities to acquire a network of useful contacts. But I did not.

Study and thought about studying occupied almost all my time, I did not have it even on the personal affairs and meet with friends.

Perhaps the most valuable opportunity offered by the university, - a network of acquaintances.

The university is - a springboard for a new relationship and validation of their ability to make new friends and keep in touch.

I noticed the following interesting fact, those people who were "the soul of the company" while studying, now well arrange their lives. Among them there are even Chief MREO, and yet he's only 30. And he couple, in fact, rarely went ...

If I had another chance, I would have preferred less hung up on their studies and spend more time on student movements, events, parties. A "red diploma", without any regret, would trade the title of "the most sociable person».

5. Everything that brings me the money today, I learned outside the university

Effective teaching is only possible when there is interest. Modern education is the most interesting kills, scoring his head with all sorts of theoretical facts that never find their application in real life.

Sometimes, looking at the program on channel Discovery, I have an hour to learn about the world more than 15 years of study.

So I learned English in just 1, 5 years old when I got my interest in him. Although "I tried" to teach him to 8 years in school and another 5 years at university.

I learned how to express their thoughts on paper than on the lessons of the Russian language, and publishing articles on his blog and websites like LifeHacker.ru

Here are the tips that I will give to his son when he goes to school:

The difference between 4 and 5 is so blurred that it is unlikely seriously affect the quality of your life. But to learn 5, should invest much more of their time and effort. Is the game worth the candle?

Your bills are paid your skills, rather than on the assessment of a piece of paper. Gain experience and not a mark. The more you have experience in different areas, the more you stand.

Red diploma will give you measurable benefits, which is not true of influential friends. Much attention is paid to new acquaintances and communicate with other people, they can open the door in front of you all of the world, but not your certificate.

To do what has meaning for you, not what you expect from others. Only through the interest will be possible all your great achievements.

This article can not be completed without your participation

I raised a very serious subject and I am sure there are people who support me and those who do not agree with my point of view.

So, let's discuss in the comments, what advice we should give to your children about modern education.

Source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting