Famous pictures with comments

"Famine in the Sudan"

Author - Kevin Carter - Pulittserskuyu received the award in 1994 for his work. The card shows a Sudanese girl, bent over from hunger. Soon, she will die, and a large condor in the background is ready for it. Photo shocked the entire civilized world. On the origin of the girls do not know anyone, including a photograph. He made the shot, chased predator and looked like a child leaves. Kevin Carter was a member of the group of photographers "Bang Bang Club" - four fearless photojournalists traveling through Africa in search of fotosensatsy. Two months after receiving the award, Carter committed suicide. Perhaps haunted by horrific memories of what he saw in Sudan.

"The boy with a grenade"

Innocent little boy with a toy hand grenade - known work of photographer Diane Arbus. The boy's name - Colin Wood, son of the famous tennis player Sidney Wood. In his right hand the boy compresses a grenade in his left hand is empty. The child's face shows not the terror, not fear. Diane picked up the long desired angle shooting her in the end the guy broke down and cried, "Take off already!". In 2005, the picture was sold for $ 408, 000.

"Shot assassin of John F. Kennedy"

"Oswald was taken out. I clench my camera. Police head restrains citizens. Oswald took a few steps. I press the shutter release. As soon as the shots rang out, I pulled the trigger again, but my flash did not have time to recharge. I began to worry about the first photo, and two hours later I went to show pictures. "- Robert H. Jackson. This picture is also one of the most famous in the history of photography

"Merlin"

Marilyn Monroe. During shooting, the girl looked away, giving the picture more charm, mystery and mood.

"Trunks"

Street punks, threatening the photographer pistol. Yes, a child of 11 years old, and the gun in his hand a toy. He's just playing his game. But if you look closely, no games in his eyes you will not see.

"Save a kitten!"

No, it is not a photograph of a Korean restaurant. This kitten Helulu decided to check that the owners are preparing for dinner, and dived into the pot with noodles.

"The most famous kiss"

This kiss was the first of this kind photo, which recognized all over America. Picture taken in a public place, and its creator has been on trial for "spying". However, the spread of photos that did not stop.

"Traps"

Curious man with a dog got into a trap carefully laid by photographer.

«Picasso»

Look for bread! Only four fingers! So I decided to call this photo "Picasso" - said Picasso to his friend, the photographer Duvanuoshi.

"Young adult"

Three American girls gossiping on one of the alleys of Sevilla, Spain. For a long time post card with this image was the most popular in the United States.

"Winston Churchill"

January 27, 1941, Churchill went to the photo studio on the 10 Downing Street to do some of his portraits, demonstrating its resilience and determination. However, his opinion does not matter that I was too relaxed - with a cigar in hand, the great man did not match the image that the photographer wanted to get Yosuf Karsh (Yousuf Karsh). He went to great politics and abruptly pulled the cigar directly from his mouth. The result is a little higher. Churchill angrily looks at the photographer, who, in turn, presses the trigger. Because humanity was one of the most famous portraits of Winston Churchill.

"Retreat"

The retreat of the US Marine Corps in 1950 because of the inhuman cold. During the Korean War, General MacArthur overestimated his chances and was absolutely confident in the success of the campaign. So he believed to counterattack the Chinese troops, and then uttered his famous phrase: "Retreat! Because we are moving in the wrong direction! "

"Homework"

In the picture there is a specific topic, but the frame is quite famous. Boy proudly marching home, holding two huge bottles of alcohol. His face radiates joy and sense of accomplishment. The girls in the background can not hide admiration.

Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting