How to live without money (6 photos)

Jenny Meyer, 30 years old, and she spends 30 euros a month - on the cat food. It is not painted, do not wash your head, do not buy clothes and lives in a makeshift trailer on the outskirts of Potsdam

"Many criticize capitalism, but the arguments of critics are divided about their own lifestyle. They spend money in supermarkets and shops, several times a year on vacation and fly polluting trips by car. I only know one person who went on to others and tries to live out of a consumer society ... "- told me the Berlin friend. Since I first learned about Jenny. Trailer where she lives with her boyfriend, located near the Russian colony Alexandrowka. Several tram stops from the central station of Potsdam (passing by the way, Pushkin Straße) - and you find yourself in a wooden Russian: carved architraves, as in the Russian province, Russian ethnographic museum and a restaurant. Alexandrovka - not fake, but a real Russian village, leading its history since the beginning of the 19th century.

Jenny set up a meeting about the Orthodox Church. Slim smiling girl. Pants with knees drawn, sweatshirt with someone else's shoulder, green galoshes and round glasses, which would have envied hipster.

"As a teenager, I advocated for an eco-friendly lifestyle and an alternative economic system, but these ideas were abstract. I was a typical 18-year-old girl. Killed the clock on the shopping and make-up, loved to drive a car at full speed ... The turning point was the university. I do not know whether there is such a system in Russia, but in Germany, every university has a student parliament. Students are engaged in a wide range of issues, from gender to "green". Queuing for a student, I met with the guys from the university department of "Greenpeace" and the next day came to their meeting. Then she began to buy organic products and significantly reduce their costs.

Then I went to New Zealand. Spent a year in a small village, where about shopping is not out of the question, where people live with nature and of nature. Cosmetics was completely unnatural phenomenon in those places, and I slowly began to get used to his face and a life without supermarkets. For life is a consumer society.

When I came back, urban life seemed alien. Even the brightest moments somewhere on the periphery of consciousness was the thought: "Something is wrong, it should work in a different way." At this point, I met a man who spent several months in India, with absolutely no money. His story inspired me: I started diving dampster (food in the trash) and stopped using shampoo. I felt much freer. The idea of ​​where to get the money to pay the bills, makes a man a slave consumption, occupies most of the time and detracts from other, more important things. "

Around the corner seemed green with a wooden fence. Passing skewed gate with a raven on top of the bar, we were a small part of country type. Clay flower pots, cast iron bathtubs, toys, building materials, old shoes fill the entire area around the two trailers. Jenny and her boyfriend Bjorn found this abandoned area three years ago, settled in an old wooden trailer and began to build his own.

"Bjorn has always wanted to build a small car with his own hands and live away from the city, but for him it was not associated with the dream of a different and better society. For me, our new home - a symbol of the "green", environmentally friendly life. About two years ago we took a walk and found this piece of land and decided to take the risk. I was already living with little or no money at 30 euros per month, not counting rents, from which I was anxious to get rid of.

At first it was very romantic: we spend days looking for products and parts for our new house, built and decorated the site. Then it became more difficult. Life outside the consumer society - daily work. Last year, when I ate only collected food, my weight has reached critically low levels. In addition, it is difficult to build a house for a full annual cycle without not harmless materials. Even the interior for our trailer, which is considered sverhekologichnoy contains 1% plastic. That's why I do not advocate their lifestyle and no it does not impose: I'm on my own experience I know its limits ».

Jenny's dream - the economy and giving local consumption. She grows vegetables in his little garden, and absolutely do not want to work for a corporation. "In my life I have earned only 20 euros, which really proud: auctioned to raise their own hands strawberries. Resources spent on this venture were completely harmless: the sun, time, and soul. In addition, each man give in exchange what he thought was necessary: ​​some apples, some amount of money available to him. This kind of work I like. I also grow fruits and vegetables on your site, I am going to have chickens. But not for the meat (I do not eat it), and for eggs ».

At the entrance to the trailer - a homemade tree: green cardboard box out from under the eggs, made a pyramid. The conversation continues over tea, brewed from his own collected herbs. Utopia Jenny seem crazy man in the street of the 21st century: no nanotechnology, corporations, aircraft and even cars.

"If only it was possible to save the Internet!" - Exclaimed Jenny, and it becomes clear that in order to implement their ideals she refuses and this.

"My reasoning is likely to seem completely unrealistic, but when I think that children in Central Asia gather almonds for ten hours a day, seven days a week and do not even know the taste of marzipan, and we have the privilege to love this sweet or dislike ... The trailer, life without money - it is a modest but reasonable I attempt to make this world a little fairer ».

We agreed to meet next week: Jenny promised to dedicate me to the art of diving dampster - food in the trash.

Tags

See also

New and interesting