Photo project "We met on the Internet," Jena Cambo

Every day, thousands of boys and girls, men and women go into a worldwide network in hopes of finding a soul mate. Many people like to criticize these dating, arguing that such dating has no future. In this post I want to show you the real stories of people who met through the Internet.
A little over a year ago Jena Cambo photographer began work on a photo project about a couple who met online. She called him "We met on the Internet." The project started gradually: first pictures of Jenna only their friends who met online. But then found out about it and others - unknown to her people. And the project has gained popularity and is growing every day.

Lily and David. Lily's mother created for her profile on a dating site. Lily says the profile was a lot of lies, but she still went on a couple dates, which her mother had appointed for her. Lily was about to close the account when its parent "introduced" her to David. "I did not want my mother was right" - says Lily. But Lily and David have been married for two years.

Mariela and Thiago. Mariela - self-taught photographer, he moved to New York in 2011 from the Dominican Republic. Thiago since childhood working as a carpenter. Met a couple of weeks, they decided to live together. But four months later they were engaged. Now they have the same tattoo. "We have tattooed the word" love "on their hands." (Jena Cumbo)

Donna and Jess. Donna could not remember in what chat met Jesse back in 1997, but she remembered his nickname. "There stood a 47, and I thought maybe he was my age ... why I wrote" Hello "." First five months they communicated by phone and e-mail, and then met in person at the mall in Syracuse, NY.

Ryan and Nelson. "Why do I write some stranger on Facebook?" - Says Ryan. He wrote Nelson message, and the conversation on the site almost instantly turned into a rendezvous in reality. They liked each other from the first minute. Nelson has a daughter from a previous relationship. Ryan said that her daughter has played a major role in their acquaintance.

Jay and Ashley. "I thought she was very pretty, - says Jay. - And was intrigued. " He especially liked her eyes. Ashley says she's too crazy about Jay's eyes. "I did not want to hurry - she says. - He was polite and all that, and I liked his tattoos, so I'm hoping that these relations turn into something more ».

Javan and David. In 2011, David began writing Javan, who at that time was in prison. She was not looking for romance, just wanted to be friends. She recalls that the profile of David differs from "terrible" and often false profiles of other prisoners. David was sentenced to 10 years in prison for hacking. "I worked as a programmer, and fell on one of the most high-profile cases of the 2000s.».

Catherine and David. David and Catherine met on MySpace in 2006. Catherine had just moved to Boston and happened to see the profile of David, who claimed that he was able to lose weight. Katherine is also pretty thin, so that they were about to talk about. They corresponded several times a day, and then David invited her on a date. "I still remember - it was an orange coat, and she was so pretty," - says David.

Donna and John. John Donne wrote over the weekend, and he invited her to the movies. John says he liked it very much, and he struggled to behave naturally. "Then I was very nervous and eventually a couple of times stepped on her foot».

Bark and Will. Will Bark met on Craiglist (service free ads), but not in the dating. "I just moved to New York, and I did not even have furniture. Besides, I do not know anyone in the city. And Will published ads about free movie tickets, which he won online. " Will Bark wrote a letter about the tickets, and he replied. A week later, they decided to meet in a cafe. Cora waited 50 minutes and it was ready to leave, but Will still came. "I had to run almost all the way, because my taxi got stuck in traffic. I left it too early and eventually turned the wrong way, "- says Will. Now they have two children.

Korianna and David. David went on Craiglist looking for someone with whom she could go to a baseball game. Korianna looked on Craiglist «after a few glasses of wine." She wrote to him, he said, after this conversation stalled. But then David said Korianne about yourself, and it helped her to relax. They decided to meet. "First and second meeting between us slipped spark" - says David.

Source: jenacumbo.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting