Freddie Mercury, his quotations and photos (33 photos)

September 5th Freddie Mercury would have turned 66 years old. He was like a perpetual motion machine, when he left the stage.
Let's remember the Great Pretender as he was, and his sayings.

Do you want to interview me? Oh, do not do anything stupid!

I'm different. I actually like that. That's what it means to be sincere. Of course, I could sit here and say I'm a wonderful person, but in reality, I am, as it were of many different components, I can be a bastard.

I think that in the eyes of the audience, I was brought a man from the scene, very arrogant, very aggressive, surrounded by splendor, so whenever people talk about me and see me in society, they have no doubt in my arrogance. To some extent, this is a good thing, because I do not want everyone knew about my true feelings, it's my personal life.

I got a degree in graphics and illustration. In the future, they did not use, but I think he has a lot to do with my work on the design album covers and other similar things such as costumes for the stage. That is, perhaps, everything. Actually, I was going to be an illustrator, but I'm glad I changed my mind.

I have a few very close friends, they are familiar with the other part of my inner world. So the only thing I want to newspapers never write things like: "Oh, he's really a wonderful person," because, like most people, my soul, like a medal has two sides: one light, the other dark.

I played semi-professional groups, but in the end simply carried away and decided this is what I want to do, because the only way to find out if you qualify for this business, because it can not work in full capacity. You can not argue as follows: "I work in this business for a couple of years, and if I fail, go do something else." If you think so unconsciously, you will not be able to give the music all his soul, all his energy, no matter what.

I do not want to do anything else, so in order to succeed, I was ready to experience all the difficulties and hardships, which are then presented to me and destiny. No matter how long it takes to succeed, you just have to believe it, and I believed. It is necessary to have a certain degree of selfishness, arrogance and self-confidence, in this business you can not just be a nice guy.

I am very cruel. I think, given the experience gained over the years in this business, you begin to understand the situation that prevailed in it. This hardens you, what I really wanted to do. But you just need to be so, otherwise you and I'm sure the same will tell other people, just defeated. You can very easily crushed, so you need to be inaccessible from the beginning of his career. In fact, it is a bit like an attraction with cars. When you go to a machine that you are not knocked, you have all the time to go on strike, but generally you hit the adjacent car.

The higher you climb the ladder of success, the more you have a problem, the more serious they are, and yet you are surrounded by more and more uhischrёnnye and treacherous traps. But precisely therein lies your ultimate goal. I do not care whether you sympathize with me or not, I'm just telling you how things really stand in this business. If someone decided to work in it, I can assure you that it is waiting for a difficult way to success.

We tried everything to turn into a theatrical action, because before we had Eric Clapton blues and people while just stepped on the stage in his usual jeans, so from our side is bright, catchy image was a response to everything that happens. The same is done and the "Sex Pistols", challenging the accepted norms of behavior. Thus, paradoxically, glam rock, with its colors, make-up and lots of stage effects, as a kind of retaliation aimed at everything that happened to him, he wanted to be accepted and recognized.

Oh yeah. In order to be remembered, it is necessary to shock society, challenge it, but do not forget about the music. Although I believe that now is to concentrate on only one music enough. You say that the talent show itself, but to date the talent - it is something more than just the ability to write a good song. You need to be able to present it to the public and to ensure its success. In addition, it must meet the requirements of modern show business. I think that to win you have to use all the elements of his talent.

I do not want to change the world, for me the main thing - happiness. If I'm happy, this is reflected in my work. No excuses will not help ... later. I have a feeling that I was myself, and this is important - to have a life of happiness and joy. Everyone should strive to do as much as possible, as much as possible. But, of course, someone like get ...

Risk is present in everything that we do from the time work on the "Bohemian Rhapsody". That's why we're not going to change anything, and I think that some of our most loyal fans know it. In our work we use a lot of variety, even absurd ideas. Some of them are activated, others are not. In fact, we do not attach this is really important. We do what we want to do, whether you like it to someone or not.

I think the best way to work with other people, this is when you are totally immersed in it and just do the trick. If this it ignites you, then everything turned out - otherwise, give up on it!

I think, speaking to the audience, we must do whatever we want. I think this is the best way to realize our plans. I hate to adapt and to pander to the public taste, even as it is done by the record company.

We will always oppose the routine and never be run on public consumption, if she likes, and the people themselves will make their choice. We were never afraid of what does and does not flirted with fashion, we have our own brand - the brand "Queen".

We are not fools, so never restrict a new scroll of old things written by us five or six years ago. We feel very finely and accurately react to what happens. I remember when we recorded the album "Hot Space", which completely failed in America, and everyone said, "Oh," Queen ", they are very risky, but now they know that this will not have to do more." I replied: "If I want to do it again, I'll do".

Of course, every artist hopes that his work will appreciate the dignity. I wanted to get the maximum recognition from the audience, but I'm afraid that my album will not be successful, then I'll just take and do another.

What is your favorite song? Actually, I like all of them. But when I finished the album and listen to all the records, I realized that one of my favorite songs is "Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow".

The thing is, she was born ... Besides, it's very personal ... I wrote it in just five minutes ... And it all has to be perfect. The words fell on the music, the thing turned out very emotional and very strong ... I love this song!

We were never allowed to enter Russia. They think that we depravity of their youth ...

In fact, my kind of loneliness most difficult to endure. Loneliness does not mean you're locked up alone in his room. You can be in a crowded place and feel is still the most lonely person because no one really do not belong.

You're only as good as you have the strength to stay afloat.

Oh, we hate each other! But we do! No, we're fighting like ... like cats and dogs, but we've always done. I'm not saying that we absolutely hate each other, you know, there are fights, and we are not going to fall apart! We're still here.

Happiness can not be bought. But money can help him find!

I do not believe in astrology. I believe in my charisma!

I have no desire to live to 70 years old: this is probably very boring.

What am I going to do in 20 years? I'll be dead! Doubt?

If I die tomorrow, I will not regret. I really did everything I could.

Tags

See also

New and interesting