Charge the IPod from lemons (4 pics + text)

In general today did such a thing - charging iPods (aypfona, and other pribludy Aplovodov) of lemons! DLA start school chemistry / physics. Starts lemon, taken galvanized nails and copper wire.

Take galvanized nails and insert them into the lemon!

Lemon battery

Slightly wrinkled lemon, cloves inserted, and a number of copper wire is inserted. Take multmetr, we measure and opa - potential difference will be almost 1 volt! But sooner radovatsya, the current is too small. Plus, if a long time to hold a multimeter, see the tension gets.

IPod is charged from the lemon battery!

Now take the lemons and consistently connect. Many lemons, lots of lemons !!! Each insert gvozik and copper prokolochku. Wire to fasten gvoziku another lemon, and so on. I was 17 lemons, they barely had enough to charge. Ideally pieces 50. With that, do not be confused that the meter will not show the 5 volts needed to charge a 10 volt - after connecting load everything gives way. Lemons - voltage source with a very low specific internal resistance. I have 17 lemons subsided almost to 4 volts

Now the technical side of the issue, how to connect the iPod? Starts charging cable to USB, and mate for him. I used razёmchik USB, vypayat with Nurse. You can use cut extension yusb:
Cut it off, and look at the pinout USB quick-disconnect couplings.

We will, judging by the picture:

Pinout

1 - 5 volts
4 - aka the land minus

Fluster to razёmchiku wires, respectively, and clings to lemons - minus on a nail on the one end, and on the plus copper wire on the other end of our batteries. Between them to fit all of our lemons.

Warning - do not reverse the polarity! Sovmnevaetes - check multimeter !!!

Sticks iPods and enjoy charging:

Charge the iPod, and a happy writer

ZY
Charge for a long time, literally within half a minute. For a normal charge is necessary lemons pieces 50. But Moscow is very expensive. But such a battery may be relevant in hot countries.

dlinyj

Tags

See also

New and interesting